Window adjustment help

Posted by rolltidero, Nov 27, 2015

Please Support Kiggly Racing
  1. rolltidero

rolltidero Proven Member

Joined Jan 9, 2014
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    ive been searching for hours and I can't find a clear answer. My passenger side window has a fairly large gap in between the Window and seal. How do I adjust this? I've been messing with the Allen wrench bolts for over an hour and I see no change. What do the Allen bolts change? How do I fix this? All the threads I've found are old with broken links and expired pictures or unanswered.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    My DSM:
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST

Street Build

T25   manual
  2. chiefvest

chiefvest Proven Member

Joined Apr 10, 2013
    Waupun, Wisconsin
    Is the gap by the back or top? Usually can shift it in the bracket

My DSM:
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

16g   manual
  3. dustyboner

dustyboner Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    dglass_zpssculpxfj.jpe
    dglass1_zpsvpdynppo.jpe
    dglass2_zps33hohcc7.jpe
    dglass3_zps8kqmecoi.jpe
    dglass4_zpsngr58qt9.jpe

steve, SAKJR, efrainz28 and 2 others like this.
  4. ROGUE DSM

ROGUE DSM Proven Member

Joined Aug 27, 2015
    Iowa City, Iowa
    I never even notice a gap on mine before i seen this post.

My DSM:
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

16g   manual
    1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

14b   manual
  5. LikeGirl

LikeGirl Probationary Member

Joined Oct 5, 2013
    Hlucin, Europe
    Hello guys,
    i know its a bit old thread but i dont want to create new one so im typing here
    i did remove the glass , both sides cuz of paint job, before everything was alright, now when i put it together , right side is ok, driver side is a litle bit messy, (i just removed glass nothing else, dont know if they did something to it in paint shop or not but i dont think so) , so i adjusted front glass guide bolts and made it much more better but still doesnt stick all the way to weatherstrip (maybe some adjusting door striker could help, did that but wasnt succesfull) , but actually what makes me sad is rear glass guide, left is ok but right bolt is stuck and damaged so i cant turn with it, and thats where the problem is cuz as you can see picture theres a problem between glass and mirror.
    so any ideas how to solve that?
    pictures https://imgur.com/a/9MKir

6. dustyboner

dustyboner Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    is that with the door shut all the way? can you post a few more pics like with the window down all the way and one from a little further back

can you just replace the stud or are the threads on the guide fuct?
    stud.JPG

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  7. LikeGirl

LikeGirl Probationary Member

Joined Oct 5, 2013
    Hlucin, Europe
    so heres the video
    head of that right stud (if thats the correct word) is broken and i cant unloose it
    but i actualy cant understand to this , i only removed glass and put it back and now these problems LOL
    oh,,i have an idea i did some modification to the mirror base( cuz of new mirror) but on the both sides, maybe there is a problem in that and not in glass