The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

General Wideband Installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mauispyder

Proven Member
Jan 20, 2015
Kula, Hawaii
Hi,
I'm finally getting around to installing my Innovate MTX-L
Wideband. I've read much on our forums regarding this. I will be installing in the front O2 sensor location and using the simulate narrowband capability of the device. My question is, is there a good reason I can't use the existing power, ground and sensor leads from the existing O2 sensor?
Seems like it would prevent CELs for heater at least.
Thanks

Hi,
I'm finally getting around to installing my Innovate MTX-L
Wideband. I've read much on our forums regarding this. I will be installing in the front O2 sensor location and using the simulate narrowband capability of the device. My question is, is there a good reason I can't use the existing power, ground and sensor leads from the existing O2 sensor?
Seems like it would prevent CELs for heater at least.
Thanks
Are you referring to just hardwiring the o2 into the harness in the engine bay?

I prefer to leave the OE harness intact should you need to go back to the OEM front o2 sensor later.

True, I'm just not sure if I trust myself around all those Ecu wires. My thought was to cut the wires near the original sensor and run/splice them into the gauge in the car. Thus - not cutting ecu wires, using the same ground the ecu sees and not getting a CEL. In addition using the wires from near the sensor enables one to go back to the old system by just buying a new O2 sensor. I am black box /Tactrix btw.
I am open to which method to go with, so I definitely appreciate your input!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back