The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Wideband and link not matching

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmonterful

Proven Member
Aug 25, 2015
grand island, Nebraska
Okay i did everything i needed to do before tuning i checked leaks, timing etc. I started to tune my car im really new at this and the problem i have is my aem uego wideband numbers are not matching with my link its ecmlink v3 btw. Seems like the wideband is right and link is not because the car felt okay at 14-15 while my computer was saying i was running 10's the car is running lean at iddle rn and all the way rich at wot any ideas? I installed my wideband when i didnt have ecmlink placing it instead of the stock 02 sensor following this post... http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/ho...-2g-turbo-in-place-of-stock-o2-sensor.432222/ now i got my 3 inch full exhaust and im planning on putting the stock one on its place and he wideband on the downpipe. Any ideas what my problem could be? As always thanks for looking guys idk where my car would be without this forum! Lol

Ohh sorry. im just really new to this tuning stuff idk the terms correctly but yeah as he said the value logged in the link is different from what my wideband gauge says. Ik it could be a little off but the problems is they're like opposite. While my wideband gauge says im running okay, the log in the computers says im running rich. so me and a friend tried tuning it while using the wideband gauge refering to the a/f ratio because the link wasnt giving it right. He said he had never seen that. He said the link should give the same numbers as my wideband. Hope that clears it.

The value that says AFRest is not the same thing as the wideband. It is what the ECU expects the AFR to be based on the airflow it has seen and the amount of fuel it has delivered.
If you're talking about the actual wideband value, should be something like "AEMWB" it should match. If it doesn't read this. http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/linearitems?s[]=linear

Google how to calibrate aem wide band to ecmlink and u will stumble across Gofers video. That should at least point u in the right direction. Watch the how to videos on ecmlinks website as well. Dissect it and absorb it.

I think I understand what the OP was trying to say, as I am running into this problem right now. I have the car at idle, warmed up, with the AFR gauge oscillating between ~14.5 - 15.3. Then I take a look at link, and the AFRest says I'm running an AFR ~20. As I increase RPM, the AFR gauge goes richer, as I would expect, and the AFRest in link skyrockets.

I'm tempted to follow the AFR gauge, as I know that it is installed correctly, and has been calibrated in link correctly for the correct voltage/lambda values. I'm not really sure why the AFRest is so completely off, but trying to tune to a correct reading on that yields thick, gasoline-smelling smoke from the exhaust.

At first, I thought it was a boost leak that I missed, but I'm holding 30 PSI for quite a while during a BLT, and the soap bubble method reveals no leaks. I'm fairly certain an exhaust leak wouldn't cause this, but I checked anyway, and can find no such leak. I'm left wondering why my ECMlink is being bad at math...

I'll post a log tomorrow if I can get over to the car. Don't mean to thread jack, but thought this would be better than starting a new thread for the same thing (thread's been inactive for months anyway).

Just my experience with aem wideband. I set it up as linear wideband and plug in the numbers that I got from running the car at 10 to 1 afr for the lower number and for the high I just pick the number that corresponded to 14.7. I drove like that for 2 years trying to tune the knock out and I had hard time. Well that didn't work. I just gave it a go and plug in the numbers from the sheet that came with the gauge and guess what. I was a full point off. Now at least the gauge matches the link. Maybe not exactly but it's very small amount off. And my knock went awey. I was running before way too rich. I was targeting 11 and I was running it at 10:1. So inconclusion.

Set the wideband up as linear wideband
Once you are logging it open the menu for it and you will find a table where you have to plug in the voltages. Pick them from the sheet that came with the gauge. Go for road test and verify. Adjust these numbers as needed. I chooses not too. It's very close on mine.

Also if you don't have the sheet then just google them.

So info that I came across when I was setting this thing up. Their was two type sensors used in these kits. Bosh 4.2 and 4.9. The 4.2 you can find them on amazon from like a vw golf for like 40bucks and the other I don't know. Anyways other companies use the same wideband sensors, it's the gauge that causes the output to be differant on Aem.

I set mine up as a linear, and used the data provided from Prosport to set it up correctly. I think the main problem is that the Prosport Digital series uses the 4.9 sensor, for which I've seen nothing but horrible reviews. I'm going to see if I can use a 4.2 sensor with my wideband to get it working more accurately.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back