The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Wideband and ecm link

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Grant

Proven Member
Jun 10, 2015
Edmonton, AB_Canada
Hey guys,
I've searched quite a bit and haven't found any thing that really answers my question. Either that or I'm not understanding it fully. I want to be able to log my aem wideband through ecmlink. But I don't want my wideband to replace or simulate my factory o2 sensor. Do I just splice the white wire from the wideband into pin 4 and log it ?
Also I read one write up saying to splice into pin 4 and another saying pin 16. Just looking for some clarification.
Thanks in advance !

1G ECU
  • EGR Temp Input (ECU Pin 15) - Not 100% compatible with some sensors, such as the AEM WB
  • IAT Input (ECU Pin 8) - see IAT/Baro Notes below
  • Baro Input (ECU Pin 16) - see IAT/Baro Notes below
  • Front O2 (ECU Pin 4) - Only usable when “Open Loop” option is selected (V2 or V3), or narrowband O2 simulation is enabled (V3 only).
  • Coolant Temp Input (ECU Pin 20) - (V3 only) - This will leave the car in “Open Loop”. “Lock Coolant Temp” must be selected, to work properly. Use only as a last resort and only temporarily unless you fully understand the issues

Hey thanks for the replies guys. Yes it is a 1g. So because my egr sensor is not in use I can run my white wire to pin 15 and input it to log my wideband?

No reason in particular. It's already installed. Just was hoping to keep everything as is if it just meant running one wire. Is there any added benefit to simulating it as the o2 sensor in narrowband.

Letting Link simulate it works well. Car goes into closed loop faster, seems more accurate for logging and is probably the best thing for the AEM. Please note, the AEM is VERY SLOW when logging with ECM link. There is a reason they recommend the LC1/LC2 from Innovative. They update very fast where the AEM updates in the logs will lag the gauge. This is why I ditched my AEM and went with an LC2.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back