The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

why nobody runs the borg s467

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OH91awd

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
so Ive been looking into other turbo options for the aluminum rod motor im building for my talon (10.5:1 compression). Ive been looking into going to a twin scroll t4 housing and was originally looking into the s300sx series until I started seeing they have ths467. upon doing research I couldn't really find anyone running one of these. I was planning on running this with a .90 ar housing. just kind of curious as to why not many people run this turbo. I always see it pop up when search for diesel trucks but nothing 4cyl related.

I'm not really familiar with the S467, However if I had to guess, it would seem that for that price there are much better turbos that you can run for our platform.

I work at jegs so I don't pay retail on them. I was looking at the S366/s369 but curiosity got me with the s467. I guess im wondering what if any is the benefit would be with going with the s400 series and the race cover.

I work at jegs so I don't pay retail on them. I was looking at the S366/s369 but curiosity got me with the s467. I guess im wondering what if any is the benefit would be with going with the s400 series and the race cover.

Nice! Well I'm sure if anyone would know, it would be @JusMX141

They have a lot of turbine wheel for the compressor. = laggy, and possibly won't ever be able to reach the limits of the compressor as you can't drive the turbine hard enough with our little motors. An S366 is a proven dsm turbo, even the S363 is a formidable weapon as b00stedtalon has shown us.

What are your goals? All new Borg turbos are pretty awesome and reliable. I would go with whatever size you need regardless of who had success with what. Also, a .90 in a twinscroll is pretty small. I would try and go no smaller than 1.0a/r if possible.

Jake Montgomery runs the S480, but that's also a 7 second car. I run mid 9's on the S363 (hopefully high 8s this year).

What are your goals? All new Borg turbos are pretty awesome and reliable. I would go with whatever size you need regardless of who had success with what. Also, a .90 in a twinscroll is pretty small. I would try and go no smaller than 1.0a/r if possible.

Jake Montgomery runs the S480, but that's also a 7 second car. I run mid 9's on the S363 (hopefully high 8s this year).

honestly to goal with the car is pretty similar to yours. like I said above I was originally looking at the s366 but noticed the s467 and didn't really see many people running them and wondered why it wasn't really used.

They have a lot of turbine wheel for the compressor. = laggy, and possibly won't ever be able to reach the limits of the compressor as you can't drive the turbine hard enough with our little motors. An S366 is a proven dsm turbo, even the S363 is a formidable weapon as b00stedtalon has shown us.

see that was one of the things I was curious about was the wheel combo and how it would respond. and I tried to calculate the difference in wheel size to exhaust ar to try to make up for that LOL. might just stay towards the s300 series.

Definitely too much turbine for a 67mm compressor. To put this into perspective, the Super99 is a 72/99 compressor on a 76/67 turbine; the smallest turbine you can get in the S400 series is 83/74. I wouldn't consider anything smaller than a 75mm compressor on a S400 to make the sort of power having a turbo that weighs almost 50 lbs hanging on your manifold would be capable of.

Get something like the S366SXE and run it in a 1.00 twin-scroll T4 housing if you want a nice 67ish mm turbo that doesn't weigh a ton or break the bank.

Definitely too much turbine for a 67mm compressor. To put this into perspective, the Super99 is a 72/99 compressor on a 76/67 turbine; the smallest turbine you can get in the S400 series is 83/74. I wouldn't consider anything smaller than a 75mm compressor on a S400 to make the sort of power having a turbo that weighs almost 50 lbs hanging on your manifold would be capable of.

Get something like the S366SXE and run it in a 1.00 twin-scroll T4 housing if you want a nice 67ish mm turbo that doesn't weigh a ton or break the bank.

see that's what I was originally looking at but then seen the s467 and wondered if going that route would be more of a benefit or hassle. seems like its more of a hassle than its worth LOL. so ill just stick to the s300 series.

What about the new S372sxe that’s just about to be released?
Still too much possibly?

For what it’s worth the s369 is about the external dimentions of an hx52... if you wanna fit all that compressor cover in somewhere tight.. all for just a 69mm‍♂️ I think there are better options. They seem to flow good numbers on paper though.

The 400 series is a monster LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back