The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Why is stock 1/4 mile time for 94 Talon half a second faster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khartley

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 20, 2004
Faith, South_Dakota
1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 6.8 15.1
1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 6.7 15.2
1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 6.6 14.6

I just found this on a legit 1/4 mile time site....what makes the 94 half a second faster than the other 1g's? Weight maybe? Here are the ones for the Eclipse....

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 6.9 15.2
1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 7.0 15.3
1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 6.8 15.2

I'm guessing that was what they ran in a real world test, which can vary immensely with driver, weather, elevation, tires, etc...

Hmm, well I just assumed that all the official stock times were ran at about the same sea level, same octane gas, same size driver, etc. Hard to say, I checked and weight, hp, etc was all the same between 92 and 94, which I figured it would be.

I was just curious, I guess.

Well im pretty sure the 93-94 trans is a little better than the older ones, so maybe you can pull off some faster shifts?

But really dont qoute me on that

Depends on who was test driving the vehicles as well. Some magazines will do a soft launch to avoid wheelspin, others will launch the shit out of the car.

There are simply way too many variables involved for the times to be consistent, even if the cars are nearly identical. Weather, altitude, driver, wind, etc., etc..

When my 92 AWD was stock i took it to the track and ran a 14.85 bone stock, then went back to weeks later and could not even get a time in the 14's, all low 15's all night.

Dan

I have heard that 94 stock cams in the 7bolt were slightly more aggresive which would account for this.

I would say for just about every 1/4 mile time, you can give or take at least half a second because of all the different things that can affect the outcome.

I'm sure it was the driver, because nobody always has a perfect run every time.

they might just have had a really awesome run in the 94.

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 6.8 15.1
1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 6.7 15.2
1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 6.6 14.6

I just found this on a legit 1/4 mile time site....what makes the 94 half a second faster than the other 1g's? Weight maybe? Here are the ones for the Eclipse....

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 6.9 15.2
1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 7.0 15.3
1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 6.8 15.2

Bottom line is I believe your information was incorrect. Nothing I come across now suggests a 1st gen 94' officially ran 14.6 stock. I'm not the expert, but I'm pretty sure the question may have been rigged with false information. Nothing suggests 14.6 quarter mile time on stock 94'

I figured it out: you looked at supercars.net. They are completely not accurate. Notice how their decimals go to the hundredths yet they round everything to an even 10th? Look at actual data from the manufacturer, or compare data relayed by multiple websites.

Supercars.net is not accurate in any way whatsoever. IF they collected info from manufacturers the numbers would match up, which they do not, across the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back