The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Who has the last Talon ever made?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absit

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 19, 2002
Davenport, Iowa
So here's the deal, the last 6 of your VIN is your production/serial number. It tells you what number your car was for that year. My car was number 45,128 (October 2007). Who has a Talon, especially an AWD Talon, with a higher last 6 of the VIN?

The goal of this thread is to find who has the last Talon ever made (on 'Tuners).

Edit: According to SpawnedX, only 5% of Talons in '98 were AWD, putting the number at 215.

Last edited by a moderator:
5% number is based on AutoZone's system which was suppose to help employees determine which trim the owner most likely had.

Last edited by a moderator:
163,050 - 4/97 Build Date
I probably have one of the higher mileage Talons out there. Passed 250,000 miles last month.
The last Talon will have a Feb 1998 build date.

How do you have a higher production sequence number than mine but yours was built 6 months earlier?

Edit: Oh, yours is a '97. Oh you! That's not what we're talking about here!

numbers are assigned in blocks but dont always run in order. Its why you can get gaps of missing serial numbers

numbers are assigned in blocks but dont always run in order. Its why you can get gaps of missing serial numbers

I guess we'll just have to go off build date then.

we should also try and find the first dsm ever made

I've got one of the first 200 talon's ever made. I'll have to check the vin number to be exact when I get home. Not sure what number it was made out of the AWD's but it's one of the first 200 talons in general.

I think I have one of the first Turbo DSM's. My Laser was built 12/88. The AWD DSM started production in March of 1989.

I think I have one of the first Turbo DSM's. My Laser was built 12/88. The AWD DSM started production in March of 1989.

what are your serial numbers in the Vin? their wasn't very many DSM made in "88-"89... around 2,500 in '88 IIRC

Clearly a lot of you don't understand the purpose of this thread.
It's to find the last Talon built.
If you don't have a '98, this isn't you, regardless of your production number.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back