The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Which turbo to go with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmw335ikt

Proven Member
Sep 23, 2015
Crown Point, Indiana
Hello I'm looking a getting a turbo and the two I'm stuck on are the precision gen 2 ball bearing 6266 or the xona 78-64

I can get a really good deal on the precision but want to know if the xona is a lot better since it's also more than the precision

Thanks

Time to ask Justin @JusMX141 the resident turbo expert IMO. Love a 6266 don't know anything about a xona but my money says he will. :thumb:
Sorry thats not any help but maybe he will chime in now.

Also pte says to run the feed line from the oil filter housing rather than the head on the ball bearing with no restriction
Is this correct. Thanks

Any 61mm turbo will do it for you and have less lag. I am not familiar with the Xona turbos but the 6266 will easily do it. The newer ceramic PTE turbos already have a restrictor installed so yes, feeding from the OFH is a must.

Were a xona, forced performance and precision dealer, the xona 78-64 has very similar specs to the old proven FP3586 and uses the exact same compressor wheel. Xona is 100% made In the US as the joint venture between TiAL and Forced performance. It features a billet ballbearing stainless center housing. Let me know if we can help you out.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

http://archerfabrications.com/xona-rotor-78-64-ball-bearing-turbocharger.html?category_id=17

Yes the Ballbearing bearing precision like to be fed from the OFH unrestricted. The restrictor is built into the CHRA. It's best to always follow manufacturer recomendations on feed and drain to keep the warranty good.

Last edited:
Neither of your options can be serviced anywhere but the factory that built them...that means they're quite expensive to service down the road if something happens, and failure on any turbo working at 150% it's designed capacity is inevitable.

I vote Borg Warner S363 SX-E. Under $1000 new with the turbine housing of your choice, capable of airflow in the same region as both units mentioned above, can be serviced by anyone capable of acquiring Borg Warner parts, and tough as nails as it uses one of the most (if not THE most)-durable midsize journal bearing CHRA's available.

https://agpturbo.com/borg-warner-s363sx-e-63-68-13009097006/

https://agpturbo.com/blog/the-borg-warner-s300-sxe-an-inside-look/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back