The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Which Engine Internals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superchad90

Probationary Member
Jan 15, 2015
Panama City Beach, Florida
I will be going with a stock crank with new bearings. BTW im building a 4G63. I was wondering what cams, springs, valves, rods, pistons, and rings i should go with if i am wanting to push between 300 and 400 horsepower. Any suggestions?

The stock 6 bolt rods and NPR pistons will get you too the 300 to 400hp mark with a good tune.

For the 300 to 400 mark more focus on the turbo and supporting mods are needed.

Gonna depend on your budget. If your budget allows, i would go ahead with any of the forged internals, my preference is wiseco pistons paired with manley rods. This way you know it is able to withstand more than your 300-400 when you get bored and increase the boost!! If you are on a limited budget tho, as Bogus said, npr pistons with 1g big rods will accomplish your goal.

I like the BC "swap" rods... 6 bolt big end and the 22mm wrist pin hole, so you can run the higher compression 2g pistons

Eagle makes a set of "swap" rods as well. Eagle H-beams with a 6 bolt big end and 22mm pin.

Part # CRS5900MC3D

This is the newbie forum, so I believe it is allowed. Just a word of advice to OP, it's best to over shoot your goals as far as parts are concerned so if you decide to change your mind about what you want from your car you can very readily do that while only having your block built once. Also +1 to Manley rods/Wiseco Pistons.

Go with ACL race rod and main bearings. They are great for the price. I believe Extremepsi.com has a Wiseco/Eagle kit for a gooed price. Also for the springs and valves, you can stay under budget with Evo xiii parts. A lot of Evo guys upgrade their valves and springs and you should be able to pick some up for a reasonable price. They are a good deal lighter than the stock ones you probably have. If you buy new pistons, they usualy some with the rings. What turbo setup do you plan on running? And most importantly, what is your budget?

I am no way an expert on here, but if you use the search bar there are tons of threads on this

This is the newbie forum, so I believe it is allowed. Just a word of advice to OP, it's best to over shoot your goals as far as parts are concerned so if you decide to change your mind about what you want from your car you can very readily do that while only having your block built once. Also +1 to Manley rods/Wiseco Pistons.

Ouch new kid telling you what's up hahaha. Sorry had to. But he is right Search around to what people are using and what there making for power. Everybody is going to have different opinions on what to use. There is no 1 set answer on what's good or not or all these company's would be outta bussiness and there would only be one left

You could easily do what your goals are on stock internals depending on the tune. But if you wanted to upgrade and build it for the future in case you plan to upgrade at any time then there are several different combos to go with it just depends on how much your willing to spend. You could find some of the parts used from the classifieds if you wanted to as well. I know it is over kill for your goal, but I like kiggly springs, stainless valves, eagle rods, and mhale or je pistons.(piston sets come with rings, unless you buy used but then you can still buy that specific ring set.) As for cams Kelford 272s.

If you want to ball on a budget. stock 6 bolt rods, 2g pistons, evo 8 springs, and some bc 272s.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back