The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Which brake master cylinders fit for AWD w/ ABS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talyn

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 10, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I'm having a hell of a hard time figuring out which brake master cylinder from RockAuto is the correct one. The ones that say AWD say non ABS, or just don't mention ABS...the ones that say ABS say FWD, or don't mention AWD....
Someone please for the love of God tell me which MCs will fit correctly....
Also, I think my ABS might actually be deleted, but I am not really sure what to look for, and for that matter, not sure if this is the original master cylinder the car is supposed to have, or if I have a different one if the ABS is deleted? Lastly, from what I read on it, I may want to go to a bigger bore unit, the Raybestos one is a 1", but again I am unsure about fitment, especially since all the others seem to be 15/16". I don't know what the differences are in these units between ABS/non ABS and FWD/AWD but it is making figuring out which one is correct that much more difficult...
Lastly, my car is one of the rare 95s that got vented rear rotors, and I am not sure if that means any of the other parts are different? Such as MC, booster, prop valve, ABS module etc.

2g AWD use the 1" bore ABS or non, I wouldn't be concerned about ABS or non, they're the same. Prop valve and lines are what change between them.

Follow both lines off the master, if they run along the firewall to the prop valve on the passenger side of the firewall its non abs. If they run up front under the driver fender to the big module/pump, it has ABS.

I have to check, but I think I have a prop valve on firewall AND an ABS module, ofc it's possible they bypassed it instead of removing it altogether, I'm not really sure how the delete works as I haven't done one, I just have reason to believe that a previous owner did, that prop valve on the firewall being one of them.
Do you know anything about the 1-1/16 3g MC fitment? Should I care about trying to run one? I have the bigass vented rears already, which are actually the same as what a 1g 3s vr4 has, and I will be putting the 4 piston fronts from the same on as well. My understanding is that a larger bore MC will give better feel with larger brakes?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back