The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved where's the coolant sensor? for error code 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolf alchemy

Proven Member
Mar 4, 2014
kouts, Indiana
I just bought the coolant sensor and it isn't even a direct plug in. Help.

Attachments

• IMG_20140917_164237.jpg
    IMG_20140917_164237.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 192
If you are getting a code than it is the one for the ecu. The one in your hand on the left is for the ac system. The new one that you got is wrong, that is common for the parts stores to give the wrong one. There are 3 on the thermostat housing. One for the ac, one for the ecu, and one for the gauge. You need the lower one with 2 prongs on it. Which parts store are you shopping at and i can give you the correct part number for the correct part. Also take into consideration that it could easily be the wiring, it is real common to have bad wiring in the pigtail.

>.> some one with no care wired it. Looks horrible.[DOUBLEPOST=1410992562][/DOUBLEPOST]Autozone

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
It's cool now since I know what's up. I'll post an update if its fixed.[DOUBLEPOST=1411058738][/DOUBLEPOST]Update. Is this correct? The yellow is on the center prong, and the green wire is on the outside prong.

Last edited:
This is my first post, I hope you guys can help me.
I am getting a DTC 21. I know that that is the code for the ECU coolant temp sensor. I see what I need from the pic at the top, but my local parts house(advance) can not seem to get me the right part. Does anyone have any part numbers for the sensors listed in the pic up top? Even if they are not part numbers from Advance I can cross reference them and hopefully get the correct parts.

This is my first post, I hope you guys can help me.
I am getting a DTC 21. I know that that is the code for the ECU coolant temp sensor. I see what I need from the pic at the top, but my local parts house(advance) can not seem to get me the right part. Does anyone have any part numbers for the sensors listed in the pic up top? Even if they are not part numbers from Advance I can cross reference them and hopefully get the correct parts.

Here you go.

I recommend this with it.

Thanks edged. I will get those ordered right away. Would you happen to have a part number for the AC sensor that is on that housing as well?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back