The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Where to get a tune for my 16g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r3kU

Proven Member
Dec 18, 2013
Fontana, California
I live here in Southern california inland empire, and i own a 2g with a td05 16g, right now ive been driving the car like a baby because it stalls and has a vented bov and im currently trying to recirculate the bov.. other than that i know im in need of a tune but i have no idea where to look

Purchase Dsmlink or a reflashable Ecu/tactrix cable and tune it yourself.

Check the freelancer ads. Once you buy/install Link, you can either learn of pay $200-$300 ish to have someone do it for you. A lot cheaper than a dyno-tune, and often very competitive.

I dont have any mods well as far as i know of right now is just literally a injen cai type rs bov stock intercooler and 16g.. I'm not looking for performance tune i just want a tune where my car could be healthy and run normal!

I dont have any mods well as far as i know of right now is just literally a injen cai type rs bov stock intercooler and 16g.. I'm not looking for performance tune i just want a tune where my car could be healthy and run normal!

From the sounds of it you just need somebody to look over your car or you can search the forums for the symptoms you are experiencing and try to diagnose your issues. The mods you have right now should not deter your car from running/driving/idling perfectly unless they are installed wrong or are faulty. Chances are you don't need a tune if your fuel system hasn't been altered.

From the sounds of it you just need somebody to look over your car or you can search the forums for the symptoms you are experiencing and try to diagnose your issues. The mods you have right now should not deter your car from running/driving/idling perfectly unless they are installed wrong or are faulty. Chances are you don't need a tune if your fuel system hasn't been altered.

+1

You are stalling because of vented bov. Get it recirculated ASAP that will fix drivability issue. I also suggest boost controller and boost gauge. You do not want to exceed 15psi on stock fuel system so keep an eye on that. Your stock ECU will cut fuel delivery at about 17/18psi. Link is good to have but not needed at this point. Set your boost around 12/13psi and you'll be good to go.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back