The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Spyder Where is my fuel pump relay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c4bo0s3

Probationary Member
May 17, 2010
weslaco, Texas
alright guys i am going to change the fuel filter but I dont know how to depressurize the fuel lines so it wont explode in my face. Where is the relay located on my car. someone told me its underneath the back seat of my car n but im not sure. thanks in advance :thumb:

Whats your fuel pressure? Depending on the pressure, well atleast I do this, cause I don't care about getting gas around but I just crack the nut and hold a bucket there to let it spray into.

Its alot faster then dicking around with a relay in my opinion but I'm just lazy.

So, I have a 97 gsx that has been sitting for at least 6 years. I have disconnected the fuel pump connector to relieve pressure, and cranked it over a few times. Disconnected the fuel line, and ran hose to a container. I had planned to trip the relay to get the fuel pump running to expend all other old, nasty fuel out, but I can't find it! The haynes manual says the fuel pump relay is on the right of the console, next to the MPI, but as I look under the I/P, the previous owner had to have ripped and rerouted EVERYTHING. Complete FUBAR! Also tried looking in the passenger side, but to no avail. Anyone have actual pictures of what it should look like and in the general vicinity? Am I correct in that it should be a 4 flat prongged connector?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back