The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Where does this thing plug in engine control module

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havlc2u

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2012
BFE, North_Dakota
Ok this pic is from the 2g Engine bay post
But the plug in the picture is one that I do not see anywhere to plug it in are these different from year to year? I have a 2g with a 1g swap. Its a 6bolt block with a 2ghead. Any help would be great.

Thanks

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It goes to your power transistor unit. If you have a 1G intake manifold, there will be nothing in that particularl location to which you can bolt the PTU. Hopefully you aren't running a 1G manifold with a 2G head, but when it's all said and done, you need to locate the transistor.

For illustrative purposes, these are the 1G PTUs. The 2G unit will be much like the one on the left with a different mounting bracket.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
It goes to your power transistor unit. If you have a 1G intake manifold, there will be nothing in that particularly location to which you can bolt the PTU. Hopefully you aren't running a 1G manifold with a 2G head, but when it's all said and done, you need to locate the transistor.

For illustrative purposes, these are the 1G PTUs. The 2G unit will be much like the one on the left with a different mounting bracket.

attachment.php

Nope it is a 2g intake hmm crazy I don't see it I previously had a 1g intake on the car with a different 6 bolt block.

sorry to bring old thread back but i have a 1g intake with 2g head is that bad? icm is hanging around does it have to be mounted to the intake manifold? if so ill look into getting a 2g intake

The reason you don't want a 1g intake with a 2g head is the ports are a lot larger on the intake than the head, they don't match up.

Just mount the transistor on the firewall. I had it hanging for a bit on a previous car without problems but it should really be grounded.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back