The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Where does the camshaft position sensor connect on a 1995 Talon TSi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EagleTalon1995

Probationary Member
Jun 15, 2010
Columbia, Indiana
I really need to know exactly where the camshaft position sensor is located on a 1995 Eagle Talon TSi 2.0. I've been on a goose chase trying to distinguish between eclipse/talon and turbo/non turbo and I can't find it on mine.:confused:

Pictures would be much appreciated.
Thanks

WTF The location is different in the Talon...:talon:

GOOD CALL "1213579w" and "crash89"!:hellyeah:

I NEVER would have guessed this... You should be able to remove the top timing belt cover and see it.

Attachments

• Cam Sensor (95 TALON).png
    Cam Sensor (95 TALON).png
    47.2 KB · Views: 2,072
  • Cam Sensor (95 TALON) 2.jpg
    Cam Sensor (95 TALON) 2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 5,052
Ok thanks but where does the other end plug into? I will update if I find it.

Ok I think I found the connector close by a little above with the orange inside and three prong slots. But I've been confused cause my Haynes manual shows a piece like this one at the link below. Where would this go and why does it say it will fit a 95 turbo talon??

Standard Upper Camshaft Position Sensor

Thanks again seriously you guys rock. The pics are very helpful

is there a easy way to replace this without getting the car out of time..could you take off the cam gear on intake side and replace camshaft sensor or would you have to take everything back apart replace it and set the timing again....reason why i wanna know is i think mine is bad car will run for a sec then it will spit and sputter and when i give it gas it just boggs down and goes dead so i was hoping i could do this an easy way instead of having to take the side all apart

Hey guys first post I am having a hard time trying to fix my car. For some reason It will not start. I check for fuel nothing. Checked for spark nothing look ed at the gauges and when I turn the key the check engine light does not come on. It has fuel and brand new plugs and wires just at a loss I don't want to guess and end up buying things I don't need any ideas thanks

^^ make your own thread dude, no high jacking please!!
And to answer Raymond. No you have to take your timing belt off to change the sensor. There are some ways to make it easier, but at the least you have to loosen the timing tensioner and then maybe with help you can quickly slip things on and off. But I wouldn't bother and take that risk of throwing somthing off. I would just do a timing belt job and change the sensor and cam seals and call it a day!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back