The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Where do I start...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93AWDDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Where to start from now?
My 1992 talon was stolen March of this year. I just received a letter from the police regarding it was found on October 29th and is in impound - additional notes said "appears to be stripped and may not be drive able"

They want almost $500 for me just to get it out, even though it was in my possession to begin with. I will take a look on Monday to see the extent of damage, if it's beyond repair should I just let it go and find a new one?

I had quite a bit of parts that are most likely gone from it now. I have some spare stuff laying around but I'm not sure if I could piece it back together.

Sorry for the rant!​

I have a daily as of now so we'll see. I know the fmic, bov, ecu and mcmd logging cable is gone for sure as well as the stereo but if it has the motor and transmission still. I think I can work with it. I have a spare almost gutted 1GA I've been selling parts off it's just a shell but damn so I miss acceleration LOL the Camry I drive could probably lose to a turtle in a straight shot!

I'm going to keep this random post going, I'll add pics once I see what has been done to it.

Lol pic attached is before it was stolen :(
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I expected it to be gone but for some reason kept the key. So gusss we'll see tomorrow!

I'm confused how the police are trying to charge you for impound fees. If you have the title you can claim your vehicle and prove ownership, they're required to hand it over, at least here they are. My buddy's Honda has been knicked twice here and they found it both times, he just had to bring in proof of ownership and it was his.

Either way, if the drivetrain is still intact, it's worth getting back, but I'd be fighting those costs, or see if insurance can cover it.

Yeah it's a pain. Even as the "victim" when they found the car "abandoned" not only did they tow it and charge outrageous amount but the police actually gave me a ticket for vehicle abandonment! Like WTF! I'm fighting that for sure. Washington state sucks and the place my car is at is lowest of low type of people trying to grab every Pennie.

Edit: sorry, the police are not charging me the fee, the towing company is. The police just happened to roll by it and cited it as an abandoned vehicle even though i had a police report filed and they didn't even call me when they found it! Straight sketch and called tow company to try and make their money.

Yeah it's a pain. Even as the "victim" when they found the car "abandoned" not only did they tow it and charge outrageous amount but the police actually gave me a ticket for vehicle abandonment! Like WTF! I'm fighting that for sure. Washington state sucks and the place my car is at is lowest of low type of people trying to grab every Pennie.

Edit: sorry, the police are not charging me the fee, the towing company is. The police just happened to roll by it and cited it as an abandoned vehicle even though i had a police report filed and they didn't even call me when they found it! Straight sketch and called tow company to try and make their money.

That makes more sense. But I can for sure tell you the tow companies are definitely in cahoots with the police. And yes the rates that tow companies can charge is criminal. I'd love to see someone give me a complete, itemized and justifiable breakdown on charges for that situation.

I signed the title over to those crooks. The car was dismantled like no other, everything was gone. Hurt me deep especially since I did all the damn work too it! Even as it sat, no fenders motor, transmission, interior nothing, they wanted now 700+8.4% tax. I said you're jokin I'm not paying that for a scrap car.

Only had liability on it. I guess you live and learn. Next time that mofo is getting a kill switch/chipped!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back