1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

Where do I start...

Posted by 93AWDDSM, Nov 3, 2018

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. 93AWDDSM

93AWDDSM Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2009
    Vancouver, Washington
    Where to start from now?
    My 1992 talon was stolen March of this year. I just received a letter from the police regarding it was found on October 29th and is in impound - additional notes said "appears to be stripped and may not be drive able"

They want almost $500 for me just to get it out, even though it was in my possession to begin with. I will take a look on Monday to see the extent of damage, if it's beyond repair should I just let it go and find a new one?

I had quite a bit of parts that are most likely gone from it now. I have some spare stuff laying around but I'm not sure if I could piece it back together.

Sorry for the rant!​

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi

Street Build

16g   manual

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    If the shell is clean then its worth the $500 buy in alone.

My DSM:
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Drag Race Build

GT42   manual
  3. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    I guess it depends on what's left.

My DSM:
    1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

GT30   manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)

16g   manual
  4. 93AWDDSM

93AWDDSM Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2009
    Vancouver, Washington
    I have a daily as of now so we'll see. I know the fmic, bov, ecu and mcmd logging cable is gone for sure as well as the stereo but if it has the motor and transmission still. I think I can work with it. I have a spare almost gutted 1GA I've been selling parts off it's just a shell but damn so I miss acceleration LOL the Camry I drive could probably lose to a turtle in a straight shot!

I'm going to keep this random post going, I'll add pics once I see what has been done to it.

Lol pic attached is before it was stolen :(
    C3B2C691-9766-4A39-9FED-784CCD2CDF9F.png

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi

Street Build

16g   manual
  5. techboy

techboy Proven Member

Joined Feb 3, 2018
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    I can't believe they even found the car after that many months. That's crazy.

My DSM:
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

13.876 @ 106.97 MPH
  6. 93AWDDSM

93AWDDSM Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2009
    Vancouver, Washington
    I expected it to be gone but for some reason kept the key. So gusss we'll see tomorrow!

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi

Street Build

16g   manual
  7. tametalon92

tametalon92 Proven Member

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    I'm confused how the police are trying to charge you for impound fees. If you have the title you can claim your vehicle and prove ownership, they're required to hand it over, at least here they are. My buddy's Honda has been knicked twice here and they found it both times, he just had to bring in proof of ownership and it was his.

Either way, if the drivetrain is still intact, it's worth getting back, but I'd be fighting those costs, or see if insurance can cover it.

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   manual
  8. 93AWDDSM

93AWDDSM Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2009
    Vancouver, Washington
    Yeah it's a pain. Even as the "victim" when they found the car "abandoned" not only did they tow it and charge outrageous amount but the police actually gave me a ticket for vehicle abandonment! Like WTF! I'm fighting that for sure. Washington state sucks and the place my car is at is lowest of low type of people trying to grab every Pennie.

Edit: sorry, the police are not charging me the fee, the towing company is. The police just happened to roll by it and cited it as an abandoned vehicle even though i had a police report filed and they didn't even call me when they found it! Straight sketch and called tow company to try and make their money.

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi

Street Build

16g   manual
  9. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    It's unbelievable how much money these tow companies are allowed to charge.

My DSM:
    1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

GT30   manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)

16g   manual
  10. tametalon92

tametalon92 Proven Member

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    That makes more sense. But I can for sure tell you the tow companies are definitely in cahoots with the police. And yes the rates that tow companies can charge is criminal. I'd love to see someone give me a complete, itemized and justifiable breakdown on charges for that situation.

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   manual
  11. 93AWDDSM

93AWDDSM Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2009
    Vancouver, Washington
    I signed the title over to those crooks. The car was dismantled like no other, everything was gone. Hurt me deep especially since I did all the damn work too it! Even as it sat, no fenders motor, transmission, interior nothing, they wanted now 700+8.4% tax. I said you're jokin I'm not paying that for a scrap car.

Only had liability on it. I guess you live and learn. Next time that mofo is getting a kill switch/chipped!

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi

Street Build

16g   manual