The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Where can I find a drivers side window trim??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

empie1

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 30, 2004
albany, New_York
I have searched around a lot. part #mb881973. Discontinued. There has to be SOMEONE out there with one!! Anyone know of a dealer? I have a brand new passanger side but I dont want it on without the new drivers sid.

You are correct, they are discontinued. Sometimes a set pops up in the classifieds. If you cannot find one, you can plastiidip them. That will get them looking pretty close to stock.

I love it when I see people looking for these. I have a extra set in perfect condition that I have turned down a $300 offer for. I figure in 10 years if I don't need them they should be worth double that. Good luck in your search they are out there just hard to find.

Also I have had good luck with Jnztuning finding me discontinued parts sitting on a shelf in the back room of some dealerships in the middle of nowhere. May want to try and give them a call.

I know of 1 retailer that has 1 set left in stock for $300 here in Canada.

The Hell with all of you!!! Haha jk jk I really need a set also. If i knew they were that hard to find I would have kept the mint ones before I sold my old fwd!

This sucks.I am getting the car back from a paint job and really wanted to perfect the exterior dammit. Its funny i got excited cause a couple of the sites that pop up say they have them in stock..but i called them all, and none of them had it

Yeah if it's RTM they sold it a while back. Personally I'd never pay 300$ for those parts. Way too expensive for what it is.

Yeah it is RTM.

Damn he sold 'em eh? At that price, wow.

I'll be the guinea pig for the pacifica part if someone helps me install 'em. :)

These SHOULD work. I did a little research and looked into the actual pictures of the product and they're identical to ours - size and all. Someone can maybe back me up on this..?

Only one way to find out...

Anyone know someone with a Pacifica that could do some measuring and find out for sure?

1) Go to MitsubishiParts.com
2) Select your year, make and model of your car
3) Under categories, select Roof
4) Then select Exterior Trim
5) And then finally Drip Molding

I'm almost certain those will work because they're listed for our car. Worse case is someone buys one and if its the wrong one, return it! Done.

No they wont work because they dont have them and they are discontinued. Pacificas used the same mitsu part. I emailed and asked.

Damn sorry to get so many people's hopes up. Fir now I'll hoard my new in bag discontinued parts. Lol

I also have a brand new set of lower and upper door trim sitting around.. :) I don't want to install them cause mine aren't decent shape still. I bought mine awhile back and was lucky enough to be the first person to pay cause there were 6 others in line with in 15 minutes of the post.

I will offer $200 to anyone for just the driverside.

All you are looking for is the trim piece that goes right above the door right? You can't find any? I'm like 99% sure I can get you one of those or like three. Not brand new but I'll find the best looking one. Hell if I knew they were so rare I would have took them off my wreck before I crushed it.

All you are looking for is the trim piece that goes right above the door right? You can't find any? I'm like 99% sure I can get you one of those or like three. Not brand new but I'll find the best looking one. Hell if I knew they were so rare I would have took them off my wreck before I crushed it.

Yup that's what I'm looking for. $200 for a brand new one. I'd b interested in a used one if it's perfectly crack and chip free.

I have a secret part # that is equivalent that will work with our 2g's the same, I know for a fact because I bought them to try at a dealership for $40 and installed them perfectly! :sneaky: But, yes I know how rare they are! Can't find a set for anything in the world, so I dipped my first ones before I did some RESEARCH... Hopefully you can find a pair, and never let go of them.

I have a secret part # that is equivalent that will work with our 2g's the same, I know for a fact because I bought them to try at a dealership for $40 and installed them perfectly! :sneaky: But, yes I know how rare they are! Can't find a set for anything in the world, so I dipped my first ones before I did some RESEARCH... Hopefully you can find a pair, and never let go of them.

Ok so what's the part number? Not going to plasti dip anything. I want new ones. That's just me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back