Where can I buy Redline "Shockproof" transfer case oil???

Posted by 91TSi, Sep 25, 2002
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. 91TSi

91TSi Proven Member

, Las_Vegas_Nevada
    Anyone know where at on the web?? I tried the redline site but they didnt have it. What do you guys reccommend??? Thanks for the space.

Robert

2. GSX90

GSX90 Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Newbury Park, California
    http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclfluids.htm

here ya go

3. L2RTSiAWD

L2RTSiAWD Moderator

Mesa, Arizona
    I can buy it locally, I think you can also get it from extrememotorsports websites.

4. turboholic

turboholic Proven Member

Rialto, California
    http://www.ddynopower.com/ He's also in Vegas.

5. 1LE

1LE Proven Member

Sylvania, Ohio
    www.racerpartswholesale too :) Lots of places have it

6. 96TalonAWD

96TalonAWD Proven Member

Orlando, Florida
    i just bought gm siyncromesh for transmission on my 2g awd and think of doing the tranfer case too but but dont know if the syncromesh is good also

what you people use for the transfer case??

7. Unreal

Unreal Proven Member

, Tucson_AZ
    sycromesh is fine for the tranny. I like redline heavy duty, or royal purple, or mobil 1. Any 75-90w gear lube will work.

8. TSi92

TSi92 Proven Member

Wahiawa, Hawaii
    redline heavy shock proff. For t-case and rear end.

9. 96TalonAWD

96TalonAWD Proven Member

Orlando, Florida

what about those 75w-90 synthetic oils that is sell around.
    the problem with the redline is that you dont find it just around the corner.

10. purplehazetsi

purplehazetsi Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Berlin, Connecticut
    use Royle Purple Gear Lube on the Transfer case and rear end, i had alot of thumping from the driveshaft upon acceleration, and when i did the royle purple it went away and smoothed the drive line out, i wouldnt recomend anything else. expect to pay about 6-8 bucks a quart for that stuff but it will help in the long run! good luck

11. El Cuervo

El Cuervo Proven Member

Omaha, Nebraska
    HI guys. Whats the proper transfer case fluid to buy at the autoparts store other than online? I can't find Redline heavywheight shockproof, Redline MT90. I even went to the mitsubishi dealer and tried to get mitsubishi transfercase fluid for evos. They told me that they don't have any transfercase fluid because its not in high demand. LOL. Imagine that:rolleyes:
    According to jacksons transmissions website, synchromesh, bg synchroshift l, ll and royal purple are not recommended.
    So what do you guys use? Is there a store that sells redline?

Thanks
    jorge.

12. Harriz801

Harriz801 Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Jackson, Michigan
    Instead of driving around trying to find it just order it from extremepsi.com and it will usually be to you in about three days.

Extremepsi seems to be a good company and on top of their shipping. If I order from them on a Monday I usually have my parts on Wed. and im in Michigan.

Maybe you need it quicker though... just a thought.

13. My1GLaser

My1GLaser Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Bartow, Florida
    I wouldn't use anything other than Redline Heavyweight shockproof in the t-case the way I drive my car. :D

I think my local NAPA sells it. There is also a small auto parts store called Central Auto Parts that sells hard to find parts and they carry it. Maybe you have something like that local to you.

14. El Cuervo

El Cuervo Proven Member

Omaha, Nebraska
    Thanks. Though I do need it as soon as possible. I hate driving my gf's car or my bros. I went to mitsu and ask for the transfercase recall. But because my car is a talon, they won't do it. I'll go to chrysler and see if they will. But I at least want to have my transfercase properly filled. That way if something happens and I can't get the recall, I atleast will know that my transfercase has oil and in decent heath. Thus I will be able to change the seals and all that without buying a new one.

Ok, so for the tramsfercase. Out of these oils which one do you guys recommend?
    Redline synthetic MT-90, redline shockproof lightweight or redline shockproof heavy.
    Thanks.