The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Wheel lock key broke, broken, lost, etc. [Merged 8-6] stud nut lug key

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ya i got a similiar question. where can you buy lug nut lock keys? i lost mine and i wanted to take my rims off the other day and i couldn't. IMO they are dumb, but i guess if you live in big cities you dont want people talking them off when your sleeping one night, that why i like living in a smaller city.

Ok so I recently bought some new lugs for my car and was in the process of taking them off/changing them and when I got to the locked one, I put the key on and was trying to key it loose and I guess the key popped off and went flying in the air... So I thought I got it loose a bit, tried putting the key back on turning it every which way but it wouldnt fit on the lug.... Further inspection of the key, I had warped it pretty bad :banghead:.... Last place I brought it to when putting on my new tires put them on ridic tight... So looking in my trunk where the spare tire and jack tools are was a little brown envelope not yet opened, so I opened it and it was a Mitsubishi Wheel key lock replacement program thingy...... It said I needed to send $11 or $7 US depending if I needed the key or the lock... So I got the money order in US funds and filled out the little form and sent away for the key... Is this prgram/facility still in operation..? Has anyone else sent away for one? If so how long approx will did/will it take? I am kinda in need of it, as I need to work on my car! As of right now I have 4 of the new lugs on each tire with one lock on each, LOL... Thanks

I was in a similar situation to yours a while back. Except I just plain old lost my lock key LOL. I've never sent off for a key as you did, so I don't know about that. However I called the local "Pop-A-Lock" people, and they had a tool that went around the outside of the locking lug to get it off. Cost me $40 ($10 per wheel) but they were off. I did this because, like you, I needed the lugs off in a hurry. So it's an idea. Also I would think your local dealership would be able to order you another key. Just take a copy of your VIN when you go up there. Hope this helps.

Ok, so I decided to follow up on this thread of mine that got merged into a few others.... I didnt want to read through the 10 pages, I just want to tell how I got my new key to make it easier for someone in the future so they can get a new key for future use and not just the diy method, unless your just taking it off and never using it again then go for it...

address:

McGard
3875 California Rd.
Orchard Park, NY 14127

Phone : 1-800-444-5847

I suggest phoning and placing the order rather than sending through mail because I first sent through mail and it was taking a long time so I phoned and re-ordered and they said if they come across my first order they will cancel and return my money order.... So a bit of time passed on and i recieved my key... good times.... Then...... about a week later i got the other one.. LOL.... ah well Now I have 2 :)..

The only draw back is that you need the ID # which was on the registration card that was with my spare tire and jack..... Which im sure not everyone is going to have... Unless there is another way of getting the number or the right key from them... which I have no clue..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back