The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Wheel fitment help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm moving from a 17x8 35et to a 17x9 45et this coming season, and I just test fit the wheel and it barely clears the knuckle. I plan to stick with the same size tire (245/40/17) and will be using a 3/16 inch spacer to keep the tire from rubbing the knuckle.
My car is super low and I'm running around -2.5 camber and the tires tuck into the fenders.
You should be fine with the 17x9 38et. Now if you run the car TOO low you may end up with this:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm moving from a 17x8 35et to a 17x9 45et this coming season, and I just test fit the wheel and it barely clears the knuckle. I plan to stick with the same size tire (245/40/17) and will be using a 3/16 inch spacer to keep the tire from rubbing the knuckle.
My car is super low and I'm running around -2.5 camber and the tires tuck into the fenders.
You should be fine with the 17x9 38et. Now if you run the car TOO low you may end up with this:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

+45 is a tough fit in our cars at that width. Might not even fit the rear on a 95. Any reason you went with such a high offset? Spacers add weight ya know.

Check out my pictures: Victory Blue limited edition color, only one size available.

The tire size isn't changing, so dimensionally the I can get the tire in the same place relative to the knuckle. Test fit on the rear the wheel lip of my 17x8 35et cleared the knuckle by 1.1 inches, with the spacer the 17x9 et45 wheel lip cleared by .50". The 245/40/17 Bridgestone RE71R is 9.8" wide so I might need a little thicker spacer, but not by much.

The 17x9 45et is lighter than the 35et version, and even with the spacer should be less weight.

I just realized I made a typo in my original response: 5/16 spacer, not 3/16. On the new setup the tire will be 2mm further inboard than on the old narrower wheel.

Check out my pictures: Victory Blue limited edition color, only one size available.

The tire size isn't changing, so dimensionally the I can get the tire in the same place relative to the knuckle. Test fit on the rear the wheel lip of my 17x8 35et cleared the knuckle by 1.1 inches, with the spacer the 17x9 et45 wheel lip cleared by .50". The 245/40/17 Bridgestone RE71R is 9.8" wide so I might need a little thicker spacer, but not by much.

The 17x9 45et is lighter than the 35et version, and even with the spacer should be less weight.

Wheels look great!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back