The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G what suspension for my daily.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awesome

Proven Member
Nov 30, 2013
Union, New_Jersey
I'm sure this question has been asked many times but in looking for advice for my personal needs. I have a 98 Gst with 18inch rims and ultra high performance tires. My suspension is shot and I'm looking for either coilovers or springs and shocks. I mostly drive city rairly highway and my car will most likely never see a track. I'm more of a spirited driver but the area around me is horrible with pot holes and I go to NYC often. I'm currently looking at d2 coilovers, megan racing and tein basic as well as koni yellows with h&r springs. But what would be you guys suggestions for my needs.

The DG setup is not ideal for daily driver use. You really wont be able to full advantage to that setup. The bearings will need routine maintenance. I would recommend the Koni Yellow struts and Ground Control coil adapters if you want a decent setup with some ride height adjustment. This is a proven setup.

For the DG setup you can just skip out on the Torrington bearings and use a basic spring seat instead.

Btw, I'm converting my ground controls to the DG setup soon if you're interested in that :p

I've been looking into every type of coilovers there is as well as taking to consideration brands o coilovers I have installed at my job, d2 and h&r. As of now I'm leaning towards fourtune auto 500 coilovers. They are a bit pricey but I have only heard good things about them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back