The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

What size injectors/fuel pump should i get for a 14b?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97-gst

10+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2010
Radford, Virginia
I just got a 14b for my 97 gst and i was wondering what size fuel injectors and fuel pump i should get? We're gonna port the 14b, and i wanna know what are some good fuel mods. thanks

first rewire the fuel pump power and ground wires, a wally 190 or 255 pump, and 680cc injector should do the trick

i have a 255 pump and 865cc injectors, works awesome for e85. 90%idc's at 24-25psi ;)

see im in the process of converting my gst to awd and ive gotta use a gsx gas tank. Why do i need to rewire it?

You are going to have to rewire the GSX connectors on your gst anyways.
GSX has 2 fuel level senders and the GST Has one.

You might as well rewire the pump with bigger gauge wire while your in there. The factory wires are to small and reduces the voltage at the pump vs the battery which in turn makes it flow less.

Here is a nice kit that I used on a friends car. DSM FUEL PUMP REWIRE KIT Eclipse Walbro 255 Priority!: eBay Motors (item 250665061192 end time Jul-18-10 19:58:55 PDT)

It only takes an extra 30 minutes to put in since you are going to have to gut the interior of your car anyways to keep the welding from burning through your carpet for the driveshaft carrier bearing support brackets.

Are you sure you have what it takes to do an AWD swap? Its not to difficult but requires a quite a bit of precision welding, cutting and bracket placement.

Rewiring the fuel pump makes sure it always sees a constant voltage so it is always performing at the level it should be.

A Walbro 190lph should be fine for a 14b, but if you think there's any chance you'll upgrade to a bigger turbo in the future, just get a 255 and afpr and be done with it.

First off, as Luke stated, there is a butt load of work involved to do the AWD swap properly and it's time consuming.

Next, do you ever foresee yourself going with a larger turbo down the road and what do you plan on doing with this one?

What are you going to use to tune with? SAFC, 95 ECU+ECMLink, 98/99 flashable ECU

The SAFC is only good for 750cc injectors and the larger the size injector the harder it gets to be able to tune with them.
ECMLink is the more expensive option but is the better option if you don't know how to do coding for the 98/99 ECU

Without your goal listed or rather what you want to hit with it, then there is no way to say what size injector you need. You would be smart to get a 255 wally AND an AFPR (since you need one with that pump) but if your power levels are low enough you can get the 190 wally and no AFPR (still recommended though).

If you are staying with the 14b for sure then look at what these people are running on their setup.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dynosheets.php?&do=14b
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/timeslips.php?&do=14b

Yeah me and my dad are up for the swap. Ive already bought a gsx and got it taken apart, im 100% going through with the swap.

Later on down the road im gonna take my 6 bolt and make it a 2.3 stroker and get a bigger turbo, but for now im gonna try and make my 14b get the most power out of it i can.

I have a maf translator for tuning

Yeah me and my dad are up for the swap. Ive already bought a gsx and got it taken apart, im 100% going through with the swap.

Later on down the road im gonna take my 6 bolt and make it a 2.3 stroker and get a bigger turbo, but for now im gonna try and make my 14b get the most power out of it i can.

I have a maf translator for tuning

You might want to research a bit more. It takes a lot more work than you would think to convert the GST to awd. Just putting that out there because you asked a simple question about fuel mods for a 14b that could have been found easily by searching.

Not trying to be a debbie downer. But there is damn near infinite info already on this forum. For swaps, tuning, mods, etc. Do your thang man. Time how long it takes for the swap, I'd be interested to know how many days or hours it takes.

Also, if you search a bit more on the maf translator. You will see that some have made more power on the 2g maf.

Regardless, 190 fuel pump. Rewire. 650cc at minimum IF you want to push that monster near its potential. Last but not least, supporting mods. They have a 2g upgrade path that tells you EVERYTHING that would or could be upgraded.

Of course by now you know it all depends on how much boost you intend to run. I personally ran 17psi on my 14B with just a 190 fuel pump. I have since upgraded to some 550s and I'm running 20psi, but on a small 16G. Bottom line as it has been posted already a 190 pump is all you need to run 16-17psi.

If you are going bigger down the road, just pay the money and get ECMLink on the 95 ECU. Get at least 1000cc injectors, a wally 255 and an AFPR. You only want to buy parts once, especially injectors.

Wally 255 is ideal but you can get by with a 190

ok i just ordered all of my stuff. I ordered 1050cc FIC injectors, a walbro 255 fuel pump kit, and i figured why not spend somemore money and i went ahead and ordered a dsmlink. I took the ecu off the 95 gsx and it was eprom and when i ordered the dsmlink i said i had a gm MAFT and 2g ecu. I hope i ordered everything right

ok i just ordered all of my stuff. I ordered 1050cc FIC injectors, a walbro 255 fuel pump kit, and i figured why not spend somemore money and i went ahead and ordered a dsmlink. I took the ecu off the 95 gsx and it was eprom and when i ordered the dsmlink i said i had a gm MAFT and 2g ecu. I hope i ordered everything right

As long as you ordered ECMlink for a 2g ECU then you're fine with any other settings you selected. All those settings are just changed internally and it's simple to switch them around.

Make sure you get an AFPR like ^ said since you WILL over run the stock FPR.

And Why are you keeping a 14b on?(yes I seen you said you'll put a bigger turbo on down the road)But at least put on a Evo III 16g if your spending that much on everything else... why have your turbo limit you? Is e85 available in your area? That would be my next step when you run out of power on pump gas...

Oh i forgot to mention that i already have a B&M adjustable fpr. I just got the 14b and havent even had a chance to use it yet. 110, 112, and e85 are all at my dragstrip. Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back