The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

What is the proper sequence of parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E-CLIPS97

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 8, 2003
Eagle mountain, Utah
I have been searching for a couple days, and haven't been able to find the answer. I am putting the clutch/trans back on the motor and I have:

• A small ring for that matches the bolt pattern of the crank and ring gear. This ring has a lip...and based on that lip, if it sits on the crank, the lip hits the ring gear plate.
  • The ring gear plate
  • A surround plate of some sort. It has a hole for the starter and kinda follows half the shape of the trans.

So, what is the install sequence of the these parts?

First bolt the starter plate to the block ( 1 10mm bolt). Then the flex plate ( ring gear) goes against the crank. and the torque plate ( small ring) goes against the flex plate on the tranny side.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back