The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

what is the diffrence between a JDM 4G63 and a common 4G63?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ECLIPSE95

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2002
Missoula, Montana
I will be picking up an eagle talon TSI AWD soon..guess I got bit by the boost and AWD bug at the same time..I am a newbie to 4G63 engines but not to DSMs..what I am not sure on is what engine to buy for this car..since it has none..I was looking around at some used engines on Ebay and one is a JDM 4G63 and it comes with everything that I need..but my question is..are the parts interchangable from a JDM 4G63 to a regular stock 4G63? so if I were to order an aftermarket turbo it would bolt up the same way right? and whats the diffrence from a JDM 4G63 from a regular stock 4G63? can somebody explain this to me..thankz in advance for any help...~Dustin

yes they are interchangeable..but the jdm motors come with the cyclone intake...imo I would just use a 1g intake manifold or a nice sheetmetal intake..or hell a 2g usdm one...and if your lucky you might get a jdm motor with a 16g turbo and some I beleive is 550cc injectors..or 505 I dont remember

everything is pretty much the same from the jdm and the usdm 4g63's exept on the jdm motor the intake manifold is different. Which wont really gain you anything if you install the jdm intake manifolf and you would be better off with the usdm intake manifold anyways.

Originally posted by Kinetic Boost
everything is pretty much the same from the jdm and the usdm 4g63's exept on the jdm motor the intake manifold is different. Which wont really gain you anything if you install the jdm intake manifolf and you would be better off with the usdm intake manifold anyways.

actually people have used the jdm intake manifold (cyclone Intake) and have got HP out of it...but its just a pain and not worth it..

haha its funny becuase I originally put that in my post that some people have made it to work but its just a huge pain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33615&item=2465190801

this is the motor I found on ebay..but its a JDM one..if I buy this one and replace the intake manifold with a usdm one...then it would be like the usdm engine..so this would bolt up to the 90 eagle talon TSI AWD that I am going to get..I just don't want to start buying parts that won't fit on this motor...where can I find a usdm one..so I don't have to put up with a jdm one? thankz

way too much money IMHO. You can get one for like 500 here. notice there are 0 bids on it.

8.5:1....?

and where do all of these hoses hook up to on the back side of this engine..I am totally confused on what all of this is..here is a pic and my cool arrows...I think the connection that is cut on the bottom right is the transfer case but what is that other metal pipe on the left right next to the case that is cut..where does that goto? I need of some dire help here..or should I have this motor or anouther motor taken to a shop to have it put in? thankz for any help in advance...

Originally posted by crankbender
way too much money IMHO. You can get one for like 500 here. notice there are 0 bids on it.

8.5:1....?

dang I wish I could get one here for that much...but I wouldn't know where the first place to look...I car that I am going to pick up has only the engine removed, power steering pump and battery and I think thats it..but where could I got to get a motor that would drop into my 90 TSI AWD? and this pic I was talking about is on that link..it shows the back side of the engine...

My eclipse has a jdm evo3 with a tdo5 big 16g turbo it’s works but hard to get going

Attachments

• AF37737D-A7D8-4C9B-B05E-4B5D5C22A609.jpeg
    AF37737D-A7D8-4C9B-B05E-4B5D5C22A609.jpeg
    502 KB · Views: 68
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back