The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

what is the best year eclipse? and why

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulLinguist

Probationary Member
Jun 19, 2003
OntarioCanada
hey everyone im looking into getting an eclipse used, i dont want the 2003 nor can i afford them so im looking into something older. what would be the best year? i see alota 97 eclipses selling but i heard those are prone 2 crankwalk so whats up?

Originally posted by phreak965

hey drifte, correct me if im wrong...but i thought that you either had lsd or abs in the awd models....actually im almost positive

:talon:
the facts...

pop-up headlight AWD's did not have both rear lsd and abs, one or the other due the abs timing issue that got resolved in the revised nippon ABS in the 1992 production. DSM's manufactured during or after july 1991 were avaliable with ABS and rear 4bolt LSD (like mine) DSM's manufactured after june 1992 had 7bolt motors and 2pot front calipers (which are bolt on upgrades for the earlier models)

I got just what i wanted, a max loaded 1992 fixed headlight Talon Tsi AWD (manufactured july 1991) big filter 6bolt motor 4bolt rear, burgundy with tan leather and sunroof, ABS and rear LSD (there is a sticker on the drivers doorjamb and on the rear of the differential itself)

when you by make sure to check the output yoke of the transfer case for leaks.

love my feb 92 talon it had it all till i removed the abs and a/c but the 6/4 combo is da shiznit man but like any dsm its a real fix or repair daily no pun intended

no way bro...i got an april nine deuce, and i got abs and lsd. no sunroof, no leather. i think i just got lucky, cuz when i bought this car i had no idea early 92 was tha way to go. i actually wanted a 2g. thanx to everyone on here i think i'll keep this one....

:talon:

Is it pretty much a given that if you have an early 92 that you have a 6 bolt? My Talon was made in March of 92, has AWD, ABS, LSD, no leather, no sunroof, Auto Tranny and that's about it. Even though it's broken right now, I still love my Talon!

Early 92 :D
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ill go ahead and say that i dont like the popups. but really, only a small portion of dsm's have crankwalk its just everyones excuse sorry to say when theyre shit goes wrong. the only advantage of the 90-92.5 is the 6bolt 4 bolt combo... 2g's have less miles. 1g's are beaten to hell by drivers that didnt know how to care for them..pick your poison before getting into a dsm you should know that theyre always gonna break.

It's all about the 92's. I got the March 6/4, LSD and ABS (like it in the icy winters in Canada), but with my palm datalogger the ABS doesn't work anyway :cry: .

But I like the pop up headlights too, I have one of both :thumb:

ya if your going 1g's get the ones w/ the 6 bolt crank and 4 bolt rear; if your going 2g, the 97's are the "crankwalk kings" and oddly enough 99's an 95's have the least rate of crankwalk (according to hear-say)

Why why why why why would you bring this back... Look at the date... The last post was in Feb of 05. The OP was in 03. WTF!

I haven't posted on this site in over 2 years... and I got an e-mail saying that someone posted in a thread that I was subscribed to...

hey everyone im looking into getting an eclipse used, i dont want the 2003 nor can i afford them so im looking into something older. what would be the best year? i see alota 97 eclipses selling but i heard those are prone 2 crankwalk so whats up?

Dude people are so afraid of crankwalk, just because the car is prone to , doesnt mean is going to. CW is a rare occurannce.

Have the car check out, remove the oil pan, take a mechanic with you.

Remember, i doesnt happen to every car:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back