The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

what is best budget dsm build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurch556

Probationary Member
Jul 6, 2014
El Paso, Texas
I'm just getting into dsm ive got a 94 dodge stealth rt but looking for something new was thinking of getting 1g gsx. Wanted to see if you guys had any recommendations

Last edited:
I'm just getting into dsm ice got a o4 dodge stealth rt but looking for something new was thinking of getting1g gsx. Wanted to see if you guys now if anything better

I understand none of this:idontknow:. Ice got a o4 dodge stealth rt...What??? I think you should redo this thread.

Some people get lucky but the odds of getting a great fast car for cheap are not too great. Dont rush and find a good one. Look around alot. It took me 2 years of solid looking before i decided to buy mine.

I understand none of this:idontknow:. Ice got a o4 dodge stealth rt...What??? I think you should redo this thread.
I agree LOL. A o4 stealth huh:confused:
And 12.6 w/ 236hp fwd:hmm:
Anything 4G63T is better than that stealth bro.
Also when I bout my car 5 years or so ago it came with a T28, HKS 272's, Greddy 24v intercooler & pipes, Wally 255, Injen intake, Thermal 3" exhaust and dropped on Tokico blues. All for $2,000 and belive it or not was at 98,342 miles!!!! Just sayin they are out there man just be thorough when choosing or you regret it I promise you.

Last edited:
You ran 12s with 236 hp?

I've never dyno'd it with the DP n 20psi prob had 280-300 for the 12.6 run (236hp was stock dp n 16-17psi).

My prob with a gsx was there was no cheap ones at the time...so I got a gst with a few mods and it needed belt/we and a bunch of other stuff...

Here is the in car of the 12.6 run on a t28 (I tell people it's stock haaha )
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I've never dyno'd it with the DP n 20psi prob had 280-300 for the 12.6 run (236hp was stock dp n 16-17psi).

My prob with a gsx was there was no cheap ones at the time...so I got a gst with a few mods and it needed belt/we and a bunch of other stuff...

Here is the in car of the 12.6 run on a t28 (I tell people it's stock haaha )
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Thank you for sharing! Was the 12.6 run with everything done in your profile?

My gst is similar to pip's. My car is all budget haha! If the motor didn't let go I think I could have hit 11's :) I've had the car along time and really is a fun low budget dd/ww.

Last edited:
Worth spinning that t28 to 8k?

Shifting to fourth is always slower for the setup I have 12.8-13.0 I do that for bracket racing but for my best time I leave it in 3rd and wind her out.... But yea that t28 stock cams/ stock IM starts isn't the best for top end

Yea all the mods in my profile ...ran a 12.9@110 with stock DP and no cutout (with slicks) and 13.3 on street tires

Kind of hard to answer without goals in mind, but to be honest the absolute best budget setup for a DSM is a stock block, BogusSVO(or any another proven/awesome machine shop that can do our heads properly) stock head with BC Springs, and a decent set of cams(HKS 272s, BC 272s but degreed properly, etc), and a fully supported 16G setup on Link will be budget friendly, and make for a damn fun street car. Auto or 5-speed, both will be a blast, and a proper 16G setup can be an 11's car with meth no problem on pump 93 and last you a long time.

The 16G is my absolute favorite street turbo for a DSM, bar none. The power band, the torque, the reliability and rebuildability of the authentic MHI turbos just can't be beat. Evo 3 16G, supporting mods, a solid block(rebuild it to refresh it if you have to), stock head, good set of cams and springs, and a solid tune. It'll beat quite a lot more than you think it would, unless you run across an absolute monster with someone who can legitimately drive, and be an addicting, quick, fun, budget friendly street car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back