The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

What intake manifold is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SniperMatt59

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 10, 2011
beavercreek, Ohio
I picked it up for 50 bucks the other day, just wondering what kind it is? The guy that I bought it from didn't know.

Attachments

• 1375067_10200698442369403_1823820843_n.jpg
    1375067_10200698442369403_1823820843_n.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 207
Intake manifold on my old 91 laser looked like that. Was a West Coast DSM intake manifold. Not sure if your's would be ebay, i don't think a chinamen would have thought to put a bracket for the coil pack on it. Don't plan on having any low end torque after you install it. Mine was a dog till about 3,500rpms, the GSC S2's might of had something to do with that as well tho.:hmm:

Intake manifold on my old 91 laser looked like that. Was a West Coast DSM intake manifold. Not sure if your's would be ebay, i don't think a chinamen would have thought to put a bracket for the coil pack on it. Don't plan on having any low end torque after you install it. Mine was a dog till about 3,500rpms, the GSC S2's might of had something to do with that as well tho.:hmm:

I think that's setup-specific. The increase in plenum size is substantial as well as the difference in runner design/length. Some folks may not notice much low end drop off at all. Just depends on what cams you're running and a multitude of other factors.
The cams you were running would def impact that torque curve. Even if degree'd perfectly the larger cams do indeed move the entire sweet spot up a bit.
Did you install the IM as well as the cams at the same time?

I am curious because i know my FP black's turbine housing is going to be my choke point. A 2g mani, 1g TB at 60mm and a worked head with crower 272s will supply all the air flow i need.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back