1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

What happening at white shed speed?

Posted by bastarddsm, Aug 13, 2018

Please Support JNZ Tuning
  1. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Supporting Vendor

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    We're busy! We've had a huge project in house, bringing a low mile rust free 92 GSX back from the dead. This poor car was someone's family car when new, and went through a few owners and was pretty run down and beat up when it was parked 5 years ago. Due to a worn clutch pedal assembly. An extreme hack of a mechanic got ahold of it, and attempted to change a clutch, which didn't fix the problem. Lots of poor workmanship, but largely the car had been untouched. The car is a budget build, nothing flashy just a solid base for the new owner to build upon, with all the hard work done. It's gotten a fresh black paint job, complete maintance, fresh engine and trans, and some tasteful mods. New owner is picking it up on the way to the shootout. Look for a build thread later on.

Secondly we have been hard at work develoing a new flywheel for the awd cars. Last fall I experimented with a heavy 22lb flywheel on my Tilton carbon twin, with great results. Unfortunately, thus was made from a modified stock flywheel and was unsafe to actually use. With nothing available, we designed and manufactured a prototype in house. It's 4140 steel and a beauty.

Lastly we helped out on a 1929 Case model L pulling tractor, building a custom intake and header. It's a 675 cu in 4 cylinder that runs in a class limited to 2500RPM. So we designed and fabricated a header and intake combo to optimize the power band for that rpm range. We haven't been able to do any dyno testing, but it picked up almost 50ft off last years average on its first hook! And that was on a base tune.

I'm on my phone and it's late so I'll just add in some pics.

Attached Files:

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon N/T

Showcar Build

9.805 @ 144.00 MPH
  2. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Supporting Vendor

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    Another picture of the intake. Was having some backfire trouble, so plumbing couplers and caps to keep the damage down.

Attached Files:

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon N/T

Showcar Build

9.805 @ 144.00 MPH
    GRAVEDIGGER, Boomdeeze and SAKJR like this.