The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved What does this gauge light mean?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterMatt209

Proven Member
Jan 17, 2015
Danville, Indiana
I’ve attached a picture of a light that illuminated when I turn the key in my car before I start it. Just curious what that light means

Attachments

• 70D79A40-8796-4E9A-BD3B-FFC87716E4CB.jpeg
    70D79A40-8796-4E9A-BD3B-FFC87716E4CB.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 118
That's a picture of a bank. Your DSM needs more money.

95s are equipped with a sensor in the overflow tank I think, known to trigger a light. 96+ don't have it. I assume it's on your 95. If it stays on and your coolant is full then you know it's bad.
Thanks for the info it doesn’t stay on I’m just not used to seeing it at all since my 98 is different. Was just curious what the light was

"It's always good to browse old threads" department!

This solves a question I've had since getting a 'new' '95 GS-T a few months back. I found the wiring and switch for that warning light in the coolant overflow reservoir. There was a place for the bulb in the cluster but the mask over that location was blacked out from the factory -- no ATM ... I mean, radiator symbol.

And now I know why: The car's a '95 all right (VIN ...) but the bumper covers, lights, and a few other odds and ends are '98. The P.O. -- who wasn't the person who made the swaps -- said "The mileage isn't right." So what I had is a '98 instrument cluster with that feature deleted.

Fixed by transplanting the mask from a '95 cluster.

THANK YOU!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back