The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I did rear brake service cleaned and removed all brake dust and rust refurbished and painted parking brake shoes, hub bearings, brake disc shield, cleaned and painted under wheel well, suspension arms and links

Put it back together yesterday.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1526219700826.jpg
    FB_IMG_1526219700826.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 88
Opened its hood, said "God, what a mess". Closed the hood and worked on the car next to it for 6 hours. :banghead:

New front passenger hub assembly, was pleasantly surprised that the axle wasn't fused in place. Took apart the center console and discovered that the headunit wiring is a rats nest and needs cleaned up/done correctly. And finally spent 6 hours sanding and buffing nightshade off of the tail lights. Man they look so much better now imo. Slowly making progress towards getting the car where I want it!

Modified my HVAC AC switch to hide a shift light. :shhh:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I fighted my new fuelfilter and lost .......
f***in line under the filter is leaking and nothing else so now nothing i open late at night nice cars is out and driving and here is f***ing me in a garage fixing my dsm

Workin on the sleeper 1990.
Motor and trans are coming out TODAY guys!!!
This old mans back aches!
New goodies coming!!!
Sucks when the crank pulley bolt is finger tight :banghead:
Every valve is bent, I can see the intake valves OPEN from the open exhaust valves. :f-u:
Dam :cry:

I have seen this on alot of sites with mustangs, hondas, volkswagen, ect... Although I've never seen one with DSM's and i thought maybe i would try it out and see if it sticks... I'll start off with what i did to mine. I cleaned up the motor bay and did a little wire tucking.
Drove it too work after getting new exhaust manifold studs and gasket

Attachments

• 20180603_203829.jpg
    20180603_203829.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 88
Pulled the head to view the 16 "flex head" valves that I now have.

It's a "new" design :thumb:

Last edited:
Put the parade cover on, next up is pull the suspension for coilovers.
intresting design on the fenders LOL, whats those lower portions for? pulling air from the door haha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back