The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New windshield (safelite) and cleaned/painted the windshield and cowl parts to clean them up. Fixed my beat up door panels. Put the alternator back up front (that was a biatch to get out from the rear, glad I wasn't in an emergency situation). Replaced the chebay valve cover gasket with a felpro, no more leaks.

And started to find more parts for my next turbo. #1 on the list is ecmlink

Started ordering parts to button my car back up and finally drive it this year.
Also squaring up the wiring harness, just need to add some stuff to the chassis harness and she's all done!

Blew up a Holset turbo....again. Blame the BEP housing, now in search of a 3" V-band adaptor to headpipe so I can swap on my tubular header and T-3 housing with the V-band exhaust outlet on to the car....and get the turbo repaired. I think it snapped the shaft. Bummer

took it to a local track last night to see what times it would put down before I pull the rusty, worn 7 bolt out and drop in my built 6 bolt swap

So what'd it run!? and I'm in the middle of a head gasket, ARP head stud, Timing belt.. idk replace everything while I'm there! and two local DSMers were "on their way" about 3pm yesterday afternoon............ still waiting. LOL

The track is only 1000ft runs. First run I fell asleep at the light. LOL I ran a [email protected] with .563 RT. Second pass was .062 RT, [email protected]. All stock internal worn/tired 7 bolt with 130 compression when I checked it last with an hx-35 running 20-22 lbs. since I was seeing no knock I messed the timing a little bit on the third pass but didn't see any different results.

[QUOTE="GsxJon, post: 153593810, member: 156888"First run I fell asleep at the light. LOL I ran a [email protected] with .563 RT.
Lol That RT... I need to go to the track when I get my Transmission in so I have a baseline for my upgrades[/QUOTE]

Yea you should, that's why I took it to see what it would do. My second pass was a good RT of .062
Take it to see what improvement all that money we dump into these give us.

New seats :thumb:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I adjusted my clutch pedal as in Jack Trans Video and at least I am able to drive it. I was contemplating selling it, but I think I'm going to keep it and Re-Work a lot of things... sigh.

Cleaned my spare trans in/out with mineral spirits, inspected everything, welded up one of my junked diffs, quickly painted it (its bad, don't judge me) and put it back in the car. Drives and shifts great now!

Now I can start on my oil manifold, new intercooler setup and new turbo setup :applause:

Swapped from the 16g back to the 68hta and changed my oil feed from the head to the OFH as recommended by Forced performance! It is amazing to me that It only takes me an hour and a half to get the turbo on the bench, but it takes like 6 hours to get everything back together because I can't remember what I tightened down and what I didn't so I end up going through everything 3-4 times LOL.

Also ported the edges of my FP manifold, and my o2 housing :)

Double checked saturn alt wiring, removed/cleaned/reinstalled all exh mani studs, ported match 2g exhaust mani to 1G head, welded a nipple on the 1G water pipe for water cooled turbo feed/return, installed a better EGR block off plate, installed rear case with new seals/gaskets, installed FX400 clutch/fidanza aluminum flywheel, bolted up tranny/transfer case, installed starter, installed assembled 6-bolt motor into my 2G, reinstalled all axles/wiring connectors/rad/hoses, hooked up exhaust and intake,....

But most importantly I installed the HE351VE with an electronic controller.

Time to play with the beasty tonight. :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back