The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

What could be leaking here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

and if that actually all came from your car check your fluids and see what is low.

First things first....find out what kind of fluid it is. Stop guessing and get under there and get a sample. There are only so many things back there and the moment you figure out what it is leaking you can go to the relevant parts it can possibly leak from.

Might sound sound stupid but I always taste or smell check. Antifreeze is bitter, and the rest taste like they smell.

Might sound sound stupid but I always taste or smell check. Antifreeze is bitter, and the rest taste like they smell.
I hope thats a joke. Dont taste anything that comes from your car. Smell it and test the viscosity between your fingers. Also color is a huge indicator. Antifreeze is bright green. Only fluid that is...

What if they didn't use "green" coolant not getting that coolant is the issue just saying what I do when fluid is clear. I'm not saying drink it I'm saying use all your senses. Why make me look like an idiot when trying to help

The only thing that should be used in our DSMs is green as it is ethylene glycol. Our systems are designed for coolants that do not have sealants in them. If your coolant is clear then you have a whole other issue. As for tasting anything that comes from or around your car, please don't. It wont kill you but it will likely have contaminants that are not good for you. Im not trying to make you look stupid, but suggesting this method of diagnostics to anyone on this forum is unethical. There is no need to go this far when there are other much safer alternatives.

Lol...if he wants to taste it let him do it. Its his method..he is still breathing..thats all that matters!

Lol...if he wants to taste it let him do it. Its his method..he is still breathing..thats all that matters!
You can eat or drink whatever you want, but don't come on to a public forum and encourage other people to consume hazardous materials. I believe this falls under the below statement of spreading misinformation at the least. Lets try and provide gofast63 with some productive information that will help resolve his issue without being a detriment to his health.

He merely said that was his way of testing it...I didnt see any encouraging of others to do the same.:beatentodeath:

check all your fluids let it run up to normal temps pump your brakes look for leaks, not sure from the video looks like gear or brake

I have no intentions on taste it... But I still cant figure out what it is....???? I've looked underneath the car several times.and I'm hoping someone would have had a similar problem. Its bone dry underneath. Ill make a video this weekend underneath.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back