The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G what compression ratio

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

605jdm

Proven Member
Feb 7, 2016
siouxfalls, South_Dakota
I am building a 2.3 stoker for the street on E85 but dont know what compression ratio and turbo to go with. I want to have alot of torque and minimal lag. FP black, red or green? What is the highest compression I can go without head gasket problems (O-ringed head)?

I'm running 9:1 compression on E85 with a Holset HX40. I was previously running an FP Green and I loved the turbo until some piece of something went through it and wiped it out. The FP black is going to be a bit laggy for a street setup no matter what.

A little more info however would help. What are your power goals? Do you have a budget? Why are you limiting yourself to only FP turbos? What type of head gasket are you using? And is your head already O-ringed?

If you have O-rings already and are using a composite gasket, you shouldn't see any issues with any of those Turbo's so long as you have a good tune. A good tune is very important especially with E-85. Trust me, I'm fighting the hell out of head gasket issues right now and I think its due to me being new to tuning with E85 and tuning in general really.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back