What Can I Do To Make My Talon Faster?

Posted by 93EagleTalonDL, Nov 2, 2005
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93EagleTalonDL

93EagleTalonDL Proven Member

Williston, North_Dakota
    Okay, i have a 1993 Eagle Talon DL Non Turbo FWD and I was wonder what are the best ways how to make this baby fast. I want to put a turbo into it and i am going to buy a New Intake/Exhaust for it soon. Is There a guide to what i should do and in what order i shoudl do it to make the most out of all my tuning and mods?

P.S. have any advice?

2. munguiaoh

munguiaoh Proven Member

riverside, California
    find the highest mountain and push it off the cliff. just kidding. i would sell it and buy a turbo dsm. it would cost you a lot more to install a turbo.

3. morbid_eclipse

morbid_eclipse Probationary Member

Fort Worth, Texas
    LOL haha....damn thats mean...

4. oldman

oldman DSM Wiseman

Dayton, New_Jersey
    http://www.dsmtuners.com/tuning-guide/1gnt/

5. bane3d

bane3d Proven Member

St Peters, Missouri
    That is a very open ended question. Usually, the biggest problem is "budget" coupled with "is this your Daily Driver" and followed shortly by "how much time can you afford for this to be down". Answer these questions and you might get a better answer.

d

Quasimondo likes this.
  6. DSM BEEYACH

DSM BEEYACH Proven Member

ERIE, Pennsylvania
    It all depends on what engine you have. If you have a 4g63 engine in your 1g talon than converting it to a turbo will be very cheap and easy. If you have a 1.8 engine than making your car go faster will be much harder. If you have a 1.8 and, its an automatic then modding it will be pointless you'll be better of with a civic.

7. 95blackGsTurbo

95blackGsTurbo DSM Wiseman

DSM Profiles:
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Yet another helpful post. :notgood: Aside turboing it you can do your basic I/E bolt-on's as stupid as it sounds nitrous would be a good upgrade. Nothing to exotic but maybe a 50-75 shot tops. Other than that unless you are talking building the motor up internally there isn't a whole lot of options.

8. twitch1447

twitch1447 Proven Member

honolulu, Hawaii
    was gonna give you a link but computer slow and it is already there now. Mods all depend on personal preference and budget.

9. GSTdude06

GSTdude06 Proven Member

Mesquite, Texas
    www.hahnracecraft.com shows you how to upgrade talons and eclipse from the air filter to the turbo. Truly a great site.

10. twitch1447

twitch1447 Proven Member

honolulu, Hawaii
    Is a great site for the info.......I have not shopped around much but are those prices good or kinda steep?

11. GSTdude06

GSTdude06 Proven Member

Mesquite, Texas
    Hahnracecraft is expensive, but there info is a great thing to follow for a fast DSM. Do what they say, but buy from a cheaper source. You'll reach your goal of a faster DSM.

12. twitch1447

twitch1447 Proven Member

honolulu, Hawaii
    Hey thanks for the info. Might start looking at an intake for my project car. (sorry only an esi)

13. jwahl425

jwahl425 Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Jacksonville, North_Carolina
    well I see you have submodel DL, thus I believe you have the 1.8l 4g37 engine. If you want to turbo it then you would want to use an exhaust manifold from a turbocharged dodge colt, their manifolds fit the 1.8l 4g37, you should really do some searching and build some basic knowledge about your car, see what other people have done and learn from their mistakes, they're are many posts on how to turbo a N/A (naturally aspirated) DSM, all you have to do is click on the search button and use key words like \n/t to turbo/ \1.8 turbo/ 4g37/ \4g37 manifold /1.8 conversion/ then when you have read as many posts on turboing a non turbo ( regardlees if it is the same engine or not, you can still learn) you can search for a list of specific parts you would need or ask soeone who has done the swap, they're are a few on the DSMtuners board if I can remember.

14. 93EagleTalonDL

93EagleTalonDL Proven Member

Williston, North_Dakota
    Thanks guys! I am buying a new Intake and Exhaust for my talon right now, its a manual 5 spd btw and my budget is pretty much unlimited i have nothing else to spend my money on but it would be done in segments of upgrading. I and looking for a 2g Eagle Talon TSi AWD to purchase 5spd Near Williston North Dakota would be super nice if anyone has info about it please contact me at my email
    christricks At gmail.com

don't get my wrong, i love my little DL alot =) its a nice car and hasn't let me down yet! i am putting new wheels/rims/brakes on it and i belive it would be pretty damn expensive to do a engine swap. best off buying a 2g Talon or Eclipse. It would be great if i found someone i could buy one from of someone who is selling theirs. I really love these cars. My Girlfriend gets angry at me when i talk about DSM's ect...but i don't care=) I spend most my time at school on the DSM forums or eBay looking at parts/cars next year for school i am going to take Auto Tech so i can understand my car alot better than the average guy. i have a decent knowlege about cars. but nothing to great. I plan to make My Talon DL more of a Show Car. By making it a ricer pretty much =) IT has alot of potential if i take care of it and assemble it right. It has no damage at all check my profile for pictures of it. *the pictures are pics of it before i cleaned it out* but i plan to repaint the dashboard the same color as the Talon is.

Thats my car.=)

15. tstkl

tstkl Proven Member

east bay, California
    ive been thinking about it, and i think it would be fun to have a high hp non turbo talon... or other small car... what i would do is get a very high flowing exaust, ram air intake, and high compression pistions....

(listen to me, i sound like a civic owner...LOL...)

seriously though, thats how i would go about making an n/t faster, and if you plan on turboing it, it would be more cost effective to just sell your n/t and buy a turbo

16. speedy13

speedy13 Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    hollywood, Florida
    I would just keep the 1.8 as a daily driver,I wouldn't spend a dime on it if it wasn't repair or maintenance.Well,maybe some rims :cool: ,it looks really clean.Then get the2g your talking about.you'd still have your Daily driver to get to work,go get parts whatever,and you'd still have your fun weekend car,best of both worlds.

17. DSMDirkah

DSMDirkah Proven Member

Stoneville, North_Carolina
    Yeah the whole "Daily driver" car as a secondary is going to be your best bet.. My talon is Jackstand queen and every time I think that I am nearing hearing this lump of 4g63 DSM power acutally run, I then hit the wall with other STUPID parts that I have to either custom make or upgrade.. :( It's like bieng married to Tara Reid and having to masturbate :(

18. crankbender

crankbender Proven Member

houston, Texas
    Bwahaha that is a great comment.

Seriously with the 1.8 you will never ever make it fast without gobs of time and money.

IMHO you can pick up a 1g and mod it for the price of the 2g. If you just want the function and don't care about the form the 1g is a better bet.

19. munguiaoh

munguiaoh Proven Member

riverside, California
    [
    dont spend any money on that car, save it for the 2g, lord knows you'll need it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.