The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G What bolts do I need to take out to get the trans off the block???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eziomandude

Proven Member
Mar 23, 2016
Dale, Texas
I have everything off the block harnesses,alternator,etc etc. But I can't figure for the life of me what bolts I need to take off to get the trans off. I've spent the last hour and I can't figure it out. I'm only pulling the block for right now as I have to manhandle it out. But what bolts?

I have everything off the block harnesses,alternator,etc etc. But I can't figure for the life of me what bolts I need to take off to get the trans off. I've spent the last hour and I can't figure it out. I'm only pulling the block for right now as I have to manhandle it out. But what bolts?
You probably missed the m8 bolt underneath above the transfer case....

I have 4 bolts off. The one by the radiator hose mount. The two up top by the shifter cables. One by the firewall practically in the middle of the trans and block. What other bolts am I missing?

did you remove the brackets that are on the sides, around where the oil pan and block meet? there will be a bolt (19mm hex) on each end of it, with on being one the engine block and the other on the transmission.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Unlikely on his NT car.

OP, does it wiggle at all? Or does it feel like it's still solidly bolted together?
didnt notice it was nt.....wiggle it....just a little bit. you can try leaving the clutch slave on and push the clutch in, sometimes that will push the transmission so that you can get a prybar in there

No dusty. I'm honestly not sure. As this is my first real project car.....kinda got screwed as this is a pain and a half. But I'm gonna try to take the bolts out if anyone can point out the ones I missed. Tomorrow hopefully it'll happen!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back