What are the symptoms of timing belt jumping a tooth or two?

Posted by high-psi-tsi, Feb 15, 2005
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

Please Support Strictly Import Motorsports
  1. high-psi-tsi

high-psi-tsi Proven Member

Muncy, Pennsylvania
    Hey guys, I just did a timing belt/water pump job this weekend and the car has been running great. Sounds good, tons of power. However, when I idle for more than about 40 seconds I start to overheat, as soon as I drive again it goes back down to normal. Any chance that my belt jumping a tooth or two could cause me to run hot? It never did this before so I'm rather confused. Thanks.

2. turbolover2

turbolover2 Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Long Island, New_York