The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A What are some good headers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2g420aeclipse

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2016
houston, Texas
Are they any good headers for a GS 420A. Are DC Sports good or PaceSetter? or are there any better than those?

If u want to spend a lot of money for little gain, sure they're great.

I've put a few different styles of headers on 420a's on various states of modification. Short collectors are worthless, the car has no tq with these.
Long tube help, but good luck finding some that don't have a platinum price tag for the performance.
Tri-y are the same story as long tube

Performance with these, an intake or a plethora of other n/a mods are pretty meak. I always found myself remeniscing how the 420a drove stock.

What are your plans for the car? Why are you wanting to put a header on?

If u want to spend a lot of money for little gain, sure they're great.

I've put a few different styles of headers on 420a's on various states of modification. Short collectors are worthless, the car has no tq with these.
Long tube help, but good luck finding some that don't have a platinum price tag for the performance.
Tri-y are the same story as long tube

Performance with these, an intake or a plethora of other n/a mods are pretty meak. I always found myself remeniscing how the 420a drove stock.

What are your plans for the car? Why are you wanting to put a header on?
The only reason i need a new header it's because it has cracks and is tearing apart, so i decided to buy a new one but cant decide which one is a good one.

Last edited:
I figured that was the case

If I was to pick one that wasn't a chebay one, I'd go with the DC sports one. Tho its a considerable chunk of change. I'd see if you can find a stock manifold or just do a chebay header and dp

Megan Racing headers work great.

I've sprayed a decent amount of nitrous on my 420A and the headers haven't cracked yet, so if you're staying N/A you should be fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back