The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What am I looking at?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The first one looks like an aftermarket boost controller and the second one looks like the bracket for the battery tray but I could be wrong on that one. I'm not sure on the other 2.
The second and third picture are pictures of a fuel line with a bolt shoved in it. Look past the battery tray LOL.. Sorry I should have mentioned that!

1. BCS
2. Base of the battery tray
3. I think a plugged up vent line from your gas tank that went to the original charcoal canister which is probably removed.
4. Ignition Power Transistor Unit. It's what directly charges your ignition coils and generates your dash tach signal.

edit on #3 - I think the suggestion of a plugged fuel line might be right actually. perhaps the return line when something like an AN line replaced it.

1. BCS
2. Base of the battery tray
3. I think a plugged up vent line from your gas tank that went to the original charcoal canister which is probably removed.
4. Ignition Power Transistor Unit. It's what directly charges your ignition coils and generates your dash tach signal.

edit on #3 - I think the suggestion of a plugged fuel line might be right actually. perhaps the return line when something like an AN line replaced it.

So 4 is an actual stock part that was probably just relocated? I know the coils were reloacated whenever the previous owner put on a magnus intake manifold.

Yes, it was most likely relocated.

#3 is the fuel tank vent line that goes to the charcoal canister. Looks like someone did the emissions delete since the canister isn't below your battery bracket in pic 2.

Yes, it was most likely relocated.

#3 is the fuel tank vent line that goes to the charcoal canister. Looks like someone did the emissions delete since the canister isn't below your battery bracket in pic 2.

Awesome! That explains why I can't seem to fill the damn thing to full. Any tips on how to fix that? Delete it further towards the rear end and let it vent maybe?

Pull the bolt out. The write ups for emissions delete clearly say let it vent, but move it out of the way so the fumes don't go into the cabin.

Wouldn't it not be dangerous to have gasoline fumes venting into a hot engine bay with possible spark?

Yes, if conditions were like that. All your spark is contained within the system, and shouldn't spark outside (under normal circumstances). Also, the vent should be routed in such a way that it is tucked out of the way, and venting out into the wheel well or under the car. Make sure it isn't kinked though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back