The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Weird Bogging Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferp

Proven Member
Sep 14, 2014
Edmonton, Alaska
So I have my Eclipse back together but now I have just one issue. Sometimes when I start the car it'll stall out right away, but if I catch it in time and give the car a little bit of gas it'll idle fine. And sometimes when I'm in bumper to bumper traffic and give it just a little bit of gas the car will stall out whilst moving in 1st gear. I have no clue what the issue is.

A few things to look at. As a bandaid you can adjust your BISS to make the idle not dip so low that it chokes. You may want to look at the condition of your throttle position sensor and possibly your ISC as well. Those going bad can affect your idle. Check for vac leaks too. It wouldn't be a boost problem if this is happening at low load/low RPM.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back