The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

way to optimistic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

it would have to do with the area-i think you are on the high side of what you are asking, but I believe it is a decent price. Try putting it on craigslist and some free local publication, and maybe even facebook. one suggestion is to get a better front pic as it looks like there might be damage to the hood as looks part open.

No offense, but you may want to clean it up a bit before you ask that much. That first pic, as well as the bay pic, make it look like a bit of a beater. I wouldnt even put a pic of that front end. It all depends who your marketing to. A dsmer will offer you less (around here you'd probably get $3k and thats only because the timing maintenance was done. Usually you can of find a fwd for about $2k (I bought my 96 Tsi bone stock with all maintenance for $2k, GST for $1600) I may have missed it, but what are you using to tune those 560s with? If you have link, evoscan, even AFC that's something. Now you may luck out and find a kid who just got some money and cares about a loud stereo and a fast car without even realizing what they're getting into, and willing to pay more. I lucked out and picked one up of the same kind of kid for $1500 because he had no idea what dsms involved.
I may be an old sap, but especially when it comes to talons I won't sell to someone without at least some mechanical ability and understands to he complexities of a 20yr old turbo car for two reasons. One, I dont want to see another talon die a horrible death and two, I dont need the buyer coming back to me in anger because they're too stupid to learn how to adjust a tps. And anyone with mechanical knowledge is definitely gonna offer less. So if I have to take a loss on my price because it's potentially going to a good home thats fine by me.

Oh yeah, you'll get tons of bites if you put it on CL or FB. Just be prepared to deal with the weirdos.

OP question too optimistic? Yes. My realistic option is $1k to $1.5k.

Always set the price a little high so people think they're getting a deal by asking for a lower price. If you put a high price on a car then people will subconsciously think it must be worth that price. If you put it up for sale for $1000 then people will think it's a POS. Obviously this doesn't work all the time/with super knowledgeable dsmer.

So true ^^^ When I am looking at a DSM to purchase, I ALWAYS play super dumb about the car, like, "it's a cute little red car, how much were you asking??" "Does it get good gas mileage?" "Is it reliable"....that one really always gets a lie for an answer!

Definitely on the high side. If it was an AWD version, had more upgrades and the bumper was not chopped like a weird Scary Movie like mask. Then it would probably attract more attention at that price range. Take also into consideration cleaning it up and putting some elbow grease on it to get it to at least spit shine status. Right now it kinda looks like a beater and beaters are not $3k.

Cheers!

From the photos you might, and I mean MIGHT, get some more interest asking $1000. I say that because of the amount of work you put into making the car look what it's worth in those photos and to top that off the list of parts has a ton of holes in it, leaving me with even more questions than answers. A HUGE piece of selling something is by asking yourself what you look for in a car ad, like some half decent pictures and a very descriptive listing that takes out all the guess work.
  • walbro 190lph pump
  • Rewired fuel pump with relay in cabin
  • 560cc injectors WHAT BRAND?
  • montero MAF to comp injectors
  • new ClutchNet clutch
  • light flywheel WHAT BRAND?
  • fresh rebuilt 16g turbo good to 30psi+ (set to 15psi currently) EBAY OR MHI?
  • new recirculated BOV LOOKS LIKE IT CAME OFF A 1g with 100k+ MILES, NEW TO YOU DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NEW
  • ARP head studs
  • New lifters WHAT BRAND? REVISED 3G?
  • Felpro head gasket
  • new timing belt and pulleys THE PHOTO OF YOUR TIMING BELT LOOKS LIKE IT'S OLD, HOW MANY MILES?
  • new tires SIZE? MILES?
  • new carpet
  • New front mount IC BRAND? SIZE?
  • Kumho ecsta tires SIZE?
  • powdercoated wheels
  • adjustables coilovers BRAND?
  • lots of new stuff i am forgetting
Another concern, if I were in the market for a GST, is the hacked (IMO) "tuning" solution to comp for the 560cc injectors. In theory it works for idle/cruise but I don't see a WB listed so are you assuming that the MAS is compensating properly at WOT too? Something I'd expect on a $1000 car but not a $3500 one.

Moving to The Hangout since this has zero tech value...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back