water pump pulley shaking

Posted by rab, Jun 19, 2003
Newbie Forum - Beginner/newbie/general DSM modification questions. First mods, how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet, any tech question that doesn't fit in another tech forum.

1. rab

rab Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    , WisconsinUS
    o.k. i bought a 1990 talon turbo for a good deal my first dsm and i'm not familyear with these cars at all.
    my ? is the water pump pulley in shacking when at idle or maybe even when it accelerating just not sure havin check yet, has anyone had this problem before or maybe is this a common problem?
    also can i remove the water pump pulley buy just taking off the 4 nuts on the pulley or will i have to remove the hole unit and then use a pulley puller tool cause i really don;t want to mess with taking all that other stuff off to get at the pump.
  2. DSMRevolution

DSMRevolution Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Sioux Falls, South_Dakota
    You can remove the pully by just removing the 4 bolts that go into the WP assembly through the pully. The wobble could just be a bent pully (easy to replace) or a few loose bolts. I doubt its the pump that would be bent or wobbling unless the bearings are going out in the WP (water pump). Does your water pump leak at all?
  3. rab

rab Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    , WisconsinUS
    no the water pump don't leak. thanks for the answer that's what i thought too and i'm very happy i can get it off just buy taking those 4 nuts off, man i really happy.
    thanks ryan