The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A water-meth injection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkdlyfe

Proven Member
Feb 23, 2016
Summer feild, Florida
Alright so i got the opportunity to take what i wanted off this abandoned 2g 4g63 eclipse sadly motor was shot but there was many many upgrades im still working on getting off most i was familiar with but i came across this thing hidden pretty damn well but the red and black wires have been cut and the two openings have nothing to them reads this " alcohol injection system DDP5800 open flow 1.0 gpm by pass 200 psi volt 12 vdc current 10.0 amps at 200 psi" i done some research on these systems and it seems to be only turbo charge engines my engine currently is not turbo but will be here soon now installing this should i wait or can i do it now ? the engine is fully built only thing stock is my cams, i seen how to put your own system together with out this capacitor looking thing using a window wash pump found in any type of car but i wanna use this one but dont want to over do this. i was thinking maybe using a injector as the fitting ? would that work ? or what should i use ?

Sounds like you found the actual pump for a methanol injection kit. You can use your washer fluid tank for a resevoir. You would have to buy a nozzle, check valve,tubing, and then figure out how you want to activate the system(ecmlink or a hobbs pressure switch). Look into snow performance they have a nice nozzle holder with check valves built in. Also post a pic of what you found.

Alright I'll post a picture of what I found later on today but im sure your right I did some research on how they run and how they work etc and i seem to get the idea on everything i was wondering can i get everything at like pep boys or assemble something with out ordering it ? state is fl so there is pretty much performance shops all over the only thing i think imma run into with having a problem is the measuring the amount in the tank in the car, the over all set up seems easy. i was wondering all last night can i run the pump t my shift light and dim or remove the light setting the pump to turn on at a rpm i set it to ? seems like a good idea right ?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back