The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Water leaking into back floor board??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude3000zx

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 11, 2010
Athens, Alabama
I think possible clogged drain tube for my sunroof but havent had time to check it out, Does anyone have an idea why water could be getting into my back floor board? its only on the drivers side rear.

If it is a clogged drain tube for the sun roof, where is this located and how would i unclog it?

All my door seals are good and the rear hatch seal is good. sunroof doesnt leak either, so gotta be a drain tube or something for that side.

Any ideas?

thanks!
-Jesse

I would check your hatch. There are drain tubes there as well. Mine gets clocked every now and then and back up water under the hatch. There is a drain on each side similar to the sunroof and runs through the rear fender.

the sunroof drain tubes are on each corner of your sunroof frame you'll have to pull the headliner down a bit to be able to see them. Just get compressed air and a blow gun and blow the s*** out should be able to hear the air coming out of each wheel well. they drain right behind the splash guard.

OP, did you ever figure it out? I'm having same problem yet all my drain tubes seem clear, and window seems sealed yet I still get a puddle of water on the drivers side rear seat floor which then spreads under the driver side seat and on the floor for the drivers side drivers seat.

Edit: It also happened in the middle of the winter (can't be AC related) and was there in the morning after an extremely heavy rain at night (so its not splashing up from underneath when I'm driving).

Anybody else have any ideas?

mine did this too. i SO HAPPENED to be in the car one day when it was raining. i thought my door seals were good too, BUT it was leaking right in the corner where the top tip/corner of the glass was. double check yours

Its raining pretty hard again later today, so I pulled out all the paneling on the drivers side along with the seat and carpet, so I'm going to try and sit in the car and find out where its coming from. It has happened to me only once before since I bought the car almost two years ago. I guess its possible that when I shut the door it didn't seal all the way (I'm hoping at least). Will update if I figure it out. If it still is coming in I guess I will try to replace the seals like turbo98.
Thanks,
Joe

mine does the same it gets the driver side back seat floor board then runs under my driver seat. its annoying

I never posted an update because I couldn't figure it out. I went to my local body shop and he told me that the car door was designed to allow water to drain through it, and I don't think it filled up with water and spilt over, so the weather seals on the door is out. It rained a few times since my last post and has not let any water in (at least not enough to see soaking into the carpet).

I have no idea where the water is coming from.

A drain tube could have come loose also, you might have to pull the head liner to get to it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back