The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Warning** Dont buy from DSM GRAVEYARD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It all started back in early 2011 when i decided to purchase a new short block to handle 700+ HP.. Looking around the internet i bumped in to DSM GRAVEYARD, i spoke to Jon which i believe is the owner of the shop. He sold me gold for platinum and make me believe that hes short block was the best in the market, so i went ahead and got a 6 bolt Stage 4 2.3 short block which i paid closed to $ 3400 dollars for it.. It took almost 3 months to get it and a bunch of bs reason why it wasnt done on time! So it finally got to my door, took a look at the block and right there in then i smelled a lot of problem with this people. Cylinder walls and top of the block, full of metal shavings from them working on he block. I called him right away and said he was sorry and he coulnt believe that had happen, he said it would burn away as soon as i get the engine running..

Now 2 years later and not even one time down the track, something went wrong and the engine jumped timing... So like we all know a bunch of bent valve and piston 1 got a big hit, so i took the engine apart and took t to a local machine shop so they could inspect the block and see what internal damage were done.... As soon as the oil pan came of i see a bunch of metal so i figured it came from the piston! Now the main caps come off and thats when the real problem came.. Dont know how in the name of god, silicone got inside the oil passage between the cap and the bearing. It dont stop there, so being that oil cant go throught it mess up the crank and block ( Crank walk )...

So i sent DSM GRAVEYARD an email with pictures of the damage so they could explain to me how that happen, so because for the lack of work done by the shop i no longer have an engine and in other words i gave them my money for a piece of garbage.. I understand things happen and im not a mechanic, but i dont see how silicone its being use on the caps or how it got there! Jon from DSM GRAVEYARD wont reply back to me or even has courtesy to call me back after 3 messages that i left for him.... Of course just like any other vendor, at first they would offerd you dinner and lunch but after the deal is done they dont even say Good Luck or have a nice day......

Here are some photos from day one when i got the engine, to all the damage done by the lack of work done by DSM GRAVEYARD
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back