The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Wanli tire vs. Cooper Zeon ZPT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My99LaserAWD

20+ Year Contributor
May 2, 2002
D-Block, Connecticut
Has anyone ever heard of Wanli tires? i really need some kinda information on them

I've been running them for about two months now. Not the greatest performance tire in the world, but it's hard to beat the price. They have a soft sidewall compared to the Sumitomo HTRZ II's I had before. I love the tread pattern though.

Straight line traction is decent as I just cut some low 1.8 60' times (un-preped track) and it was my first time launching with this car at a track.

I'm running 225/45/17 size. Wanli S-1099's.

Hope that helps.

Mike

those are exactly the ones im thinking of getting, would u buy them again or would u go with something else?

Well, they serve my purpose well, which is: they look good, straight line traction seems decent, and the price is great.

This is my commuter/daily driver car so they work well and noise level is better than the Sumitomo's I had before. I think it boils down to what you want from the tires. If you like the twisties you won't like these tires because the softer sidewalls flex too much and don't give a "connected" feeling. They are not horrible, but they don't hold a candle to the ZR Sumitomo or some ZR Continentals I've had before.

Overall I'd rate the Wanli tires as follows: 1= worse, 10= best

Sidewall Stiffness: 7.0
Traction Dry: 7.5
Traction Wet: don't know yet
Noise level: 8
Looks: 9.5
Rim guard: 9
Wear: don't know yet

Here is how I'd rate the Sumitomo HTRZII:

Sidewall Stiffness: 9.5
Traction Dry: 9.0
Traction Wet: 8.0
Noise level: 6.0
Looks: 9.0
Rim guard: 7.5
Wear: 8.0

Mike

Im buying new tires in the next few days and I was looking at the 225/45/17 size for the Wanli or Wan Li tire and the Cooper Zeon ZPT. I have looked and found nothing but good for the Cooper but did not find much on the Wanli. If anyone could put their input on one of the two tires on what is better from personal use or known friendw who have that would be great. Thanks and please help me out on this.

The links are of eBay and are not for selling anything, I just posted these up to see what they are like. Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=7929535200&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=7933847087&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

I can get them both for about the same price also.

the coopers have free shipping..and u found information about them..but they are H- rated...

rjdavis21 said:
well i kinda wanted a first hand experience....and H rated is fine being i dont do 139! anyone else?

H rated = 210 kmh = 130mph...

hell,my car is registered with 225kmh topspeed..so i need vr (always used zr tho..better)

:dsm:

Looking uneducatedly at those treads, I'd expect the Coopers to do a bit better in rain and snow, and the Wan-Li to do a little better in the dry.

Go with the cheapest, I'd say.

And God DAMMIT, ONE thread really is plenty about it. :rolleyes:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back