The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G VRSF Intercooler Question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cano86

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2008
Hartford, Connecticut
Well I have a VRSF Intercooler which am going to use on my little project and have a question.

I am going to be running 3" stainless steel pipes which I will fab and weld at work.

I would like to know if there would be any significant loss/gain in performance if I cut off the inlet and outlet from the VRSF and weld in 3" inlet/outlet to match my piping?

I just dont like to be running to many reducer couplers and want the flow to be as equal as possible. Any input is highly appreciated. TIA

You'll be fine. Should not cause any problems.

I'd fabricate your piping first and make sure you can fit 3" everywhere before cutting at the intercooler. If you can fit your piping all the way to it, then go for it. Should be potentially better flow.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back