The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Vpower plugs or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlanZero

Proven Member
Aug 13, 2013
Easton, Pennsylvania
Was just about to order NGK BPR6ES for my Tsi, and wanted to know if there's any difference with the "V Power" plugs. I can't remember if I have them or not in my other Tsi. I know they have a V groove in the electrode, but is there any performance difference over the regular 6ES?

Nobody has any hard evidence. It's all butt dyno, conjecture, and placebo effect.

Standard NGK plugs, appropriate heat range selected, have been used in these engines up to a billion and a half horsepower -- maybe a tad less. You're not going to gain anything. Use what everybody else uses; at least then you can say you have the same plugs as everyone else when you're involved in later troubleshooting. Eliminate one pathetic money grubbing variable.

Oh ok, yeah if you are bone stock I'd stick with the 6's then. Only other thing I would run is the iridium's

While they may work (possibly better than platinums, which the "word on the street" is that they foul out fast), they aren't worth the extra cost. For one iridium plug you could have an entire set of four of whatever heat range in standard copper suits your build and they will hold up to many hundreds of horsepower.

Some extra info:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/ngk-vs-iridium.240792/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back