The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

VHT flameproof ceramic paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have used it on a few things in my engine bay now....everything other than the manifold has held up and looks good. The manifold looks crap but...its all flaked off and patchy in places.

With painting anything, prep is everything. What was your prep method? Did you do the manifold while on the engine or removed? That could help with knowing how well it really works.

I did a quick spray job on my spyder and yeah it's not looking too happy with minimal miles. I was lazy on it, left it on the engine, and did not much more than degrease it and hit a few rough spots with a wire brush. I did follow the bake on car procedure though but doubt that will help much with the adhesion.

My advice on this stuff is if possible sandblast the part so it has something to grab hold of.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back