The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Velox Aero kit for a 2G GSX. Do I have your attention?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some members that have been here a while know that we limit group buys to the Vendor forum, and ask that only Supporting Vendors of the site run those threads. We like to reserve group buy threads as a perk for those companies who show a commitment to the community, as more often than not, that usually means they care about their reputation in our market and they follow through with the group buy execution. Though even that isn't a guarantee (ask me how I know). Nothing against you jakk220, but back when members were organizing them, we would see organizers disappear from time to time and the effort stalled out.

For now, if you want to privately organize a list of names for a group buy, feel free to do so. But let's not use this thread to do it. If this changes I'll reply to the thread and let you know.

Personally, I don't think you're going to get more than 10-15 buyers for something like this, and even then, when it comes time to collect money, half of them will back out. It's nearly impossible to get aero parts made for these cars - we just will never have the volume that vendors will want to get things made because of all the bumper variations.

For some reason I never got notified that a few others posted on this thread. I didnt mean to go against any rules. I will keep my list private. Also I have not lost interest, I was still looking for a way and I may have found it. To all interested I encourage you to send a PM to the OP on this thread here:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/rear-diffuser-design.446075/page-15#post-153625663

He already has the product designed and is working with me on the details of getting this project rolling again. He has already had test products sent out in the past and is serious about his product. I know that when the time comes people might back out, but we dont need a horrible amount of people as he alread has it designed. Just going to tag those that were interested so they can shoot Atuca a PM and let him know. Thanks for the info!
@bluespunk, @99OZDSM, @95eclipser @Jagyr_97gsx @mountain_man @DeadlyAKrunna47

Theres one being developed right now by one of our carbon vendors but i can't say anything yet really... just fyi

If you cant say anything will you remember me and shoot me a PM when you can give me more information so t does not slip by me? Do you know if it is a full kit or just a rear diffuser?

Th
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
This looks like it is level with the subframe and if that's the case the effectiveness is about 3℅ or less and it's mainly for show! It needs to raise up a certain amount of degrees to make it effective and pull the rear down but at least the part above it is blocked off so that's 1 good thing. Shame it's just level though,

Also the parts behind the wheels are not very effective either, it will stop all the air from getting trapped but not create and good forces at all

Th

This looks like it is level with the subframe and if that's the case the effectiveness is about 3℅ or less and it's mainly for show! It needs to raise up a certain amount of degrees to make it effective and pull the rear down but at least the part above it is blocked off so that's 1 good thing. Shame it's just level though,

Also the parts behind the wheels are not very effective either, it will stop all the air from getting trapped but not create and good forces at all

I agree it is probably mostly just for looks. But I might be able to modify it a bit so that it would actually be functional. I would have to see how it mounts and what not first.

The rear of our cars are pretty much parachutes form what I understand. So not having that air trapped is at east one good thing. For the price it is being offered at I really cant complain.

Velox still said a while back that they would make it if there was enough interest to warrant the r&d. Those guys know their aero and the cad testing is the proof. The carbonetics one as far as i know is not a functional piece until proven so with software or real world controlled testing. It's not cheap to test LOL

I have a friend who has access to the software and had the knowledge to cad test. So when I get it installed I'm going to see if I can get him to run it. I'm not sure how involving it is but he said we should be able to do it.
I would love to have velox make a kit. But I do not believe that the interest is there enough for them to actually take it to the next level. If they ever made a functional one, I would absolutely but it. But they did not seem to enthused by the idea.

If I can get this one tested and it comes back with bad results then I will try to make some minor modifications and see if i can improve on it. I will be placing an order for one here next paycheck and will probably install it in the spring when I have access to a lift so it will go smoother.

I have also heard mixed reviews on Carbonetics, I've been waiting 2 years for my Andrew Brillant version 2 widebody kit to be constructed. And that's with Andrew pushing Sergio to get it done. By the time its finished I probably wont even want it anymore. 7K and its yours. I have renderings and pics of the construction so far if you want. Its fully functional, developed with CFD software and I believe some wind tunnel testing as well.

I got my diffuser from them a few weeks ago. They forgot to send the strakes. So now im waiting on that.

Really hope I don't have to go through that kind of drama, or shipping damage. Have any idea what it costs to ship a wide body kit? From say California to Minnesota?

Really hope I don't have to go through that kind of drama, or shipping damage. Have any idea what it costs to ship a wide body kit? From say California to Minnesota?

They also got my order mixed up with someone else. Which they fixed before I got the wrong part, but it still delayed my order by a few weeks. I don't know that I will buy from them again. It just depends. They have been decent about making everything right.

If I had to guess they will probably freight it. So I would expect anywhere from 120-180. Depends on what the kit consists of.

If I had to guess they will probably freight it. So I would expect anywhere from 120-180. Depends on what the kit consists of.

That would be way less than I expected. It's basically the same kit Andrew brilliant has on his car, but he updated it and made it more aggressive. It Includes hood, front bumper cover, splitter, front fenders, side skirts, rear over fenders, and rear diffuser. Constructed of fiberglass, carbon accenting and I believe some kevlar reinforcement as well. I have some other work to do before it goes on though due to my car being setup for drag racing at the moment. But I'm very excited.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back