1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

2G Vacuum piping issue and no old oil pressure gauge in pump?

Posted by Clermas, Nov 10, 2018

Please Support Kiggly Racing
  1. Clermas

Clermas Probationary Member

Joined Oct 22, 2018
    Henderson, Nevada
    Hey Team,

So awhile back I posted the pictures of the engine bay and a couple of the guys saw that I had a T in my BOV vacuum line, and said that I should remove it. So I ordered up a bunch of new line and started to work on that on Friday. Following the diagram, I noticed that the aftermarket air cooling piping is missing a port to return the system to stock lines. I am guessing that is why they had the system the way they did. So let me explain what I found.

They had completely bypassed the waste gate solenoid. Had the vacuum line running from the waste gate actuator T'ed into the BOV vacuum line instead. I think this was done because the current pipping is missing the port for the proper T off the waste gate that is suppose to go > Waste Gate Actuator > Waste Gate Solenoid > to a location located after the turbo but before the cooler.

The main issue is I simply cant at this time return the lines to stock. I was hoping to get everyone's opinions, she seemed to run fine once I reconnected the BOV bypass line back to the intake, the stalling stopped anyways, as for performance well I haven't really put her through any paces yet.

While I was checking out the lines I was also planing on swapping out the oil pressure gauge, got underneath and noticed that I couldn't find the damn thing. My guess is that they replaced the oil pump and never installed the gauge? Thoughts? Thanks for all the support.

Here are some pics as I was returning the lines to stock, only to run in to this road block.

20181109_154109[1].jpg 20181109_154101[1].jpg 20181109_154200[1].jpg 20181109_154228[1].jpg

My DSM:
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

14b   manual

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. dustyboner

dustyboner Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    so you don't have a fitting on your J pipe? cause it looks like you at least have the port for it (i circled it in green on your pic)

upload_2018-11-14_3-5-15.png

dsmfmjpipe.jpg

2g_turbo_vacuum_line_info2.jpg 2g_turbo_vacuum_line_info4.jpg 2g_turbo_vacuum_line_info6.jpg ======================================================================

as far as the oil filter housing, the oil pressure switch should be in the front and the oil pressure gauge sending unit should be at the rear.

P1120462_L__21383.1443751075.451.416.jpg

Clermas likes this.
  3. Clermas

Clermas Probationary Member

Joined Oct 22, 2018
    Henderson, Nevada
    Thanks so much Dusty! I actually do have that port it looks like. Some one rammed a screw into it. I was not sure that was what that was for as it does not appear to have a nipple like the other ports for a hose to clamp on. Thanks a lot for the pictures also. I see on your oil unit that you have the "other end" of the connector, I seem to be missing that as well. The pictures helped out greatly thanks a million. :thumb:

My DSM:
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

14b   manual